Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i found a 89 trans am in like perfect condition and insurace is affordable but my mom didnt kno tis rear wheel drive and she doesnt want me to get it because of winter ... how can i talk her into letting me getting it ... HELP THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Is rear wheel drive much worse than front wheel drive in snow or something? (sorry, never drove in snow.)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
bayou billy said:
Is rear wheel drive much worse than front wheel drive in snow or something? (sorry, never drove in snow.)
i never drove ever but i kno its pretty sad lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bayou billy said:
like snow and ice you can fishtail and my mom thinks im gunna fishtail alot and hit someone (just an accident itself)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
There must be a difference between trucks and cars... my dad always uses 2WD in his truck, and he doesn't fishtail :shrug:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Rear wheel drive if fine as long as you have good tires and don't drive like an idiot.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Don't drive like my mom and you'll be fine :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I don't know how many times she's put her 2wd S-10 in ditches. My dad drives it now 2.5 hours to work and back and doesn't have any problems with it in snow. My mom always had to take my Dodge 4x4 during winter, but shes got her own 4x4 blazer now...hopefully that thing will do decent

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea thanks for the advixe kep it coming lol .. and by the way its a 89 firebird formula 350 ... so its not a truck ...

·
Registered
726 Posts
i have no trouble with my s10 on snowy roads and thats rear wheel drive

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Here are some tips for driving in the snow:

-constant gas pedal, try not to let the tires spin
-add some weight, sand bags work mint and are inexpensive
-good snow tires

When I get a new vehicle and to get the feel for it in the snow, I go to a empty parket lot. There, I try fish tails, donuts, slides, that way you get a feel for it and get the know how to correct the situation.

Ice

·
Registered
13 Posts
take some sand bags and put them in your trunk. I always put 2 or 3 in the back of my truck when it snows and it works fine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jman660R said:
take some sand bags and put them in your trunk. I always put 2 or 3 in the back of my truck when it snows and it works fine.
how heavy are sand bags? .. they heavier then the 40lb. salt bags or no?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
worrgames3 said:
Jman660R said:
how heavy are sand bags? .. they heavier then the 40lb. salt bags or no?
The ones that we use are 50 lbs a piece.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
my friend has a trans am...forget the year...might even be a 89. But that would be one of my last picks for cars in the winter...plus terrible on gas.

Rear wheel drive aint that bad. Dont go fast at all or you will kick the ass out...hell i "accidently" got the ass end out when it was dry out....but on a back road that was closed due to a bridge still down from the past hurricans.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
RWD is very different from front wheel drive...although it works just as well if you know how to drive in the snow. I have had no problems in the winter with my RWD Aerostar with well worn tires. Just remember to accelerate slowly (especially around corners) and to deaccelerate little by little going up-hill because a constant pedal will cause a spin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts