Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: Here she is, yes I know it's beautiful. :)

Here's the sanded side...ready for primer.

I just bout this Jimmy for $550 for a winter beater. I already did stuff to it after the pics and I will have more pics to show a little progression. I plan on sanding it all down and painting it black with spray cans. :razz: I'll see how it turns out...if it looks real bad then I will paint it white because spraypainted white don't look as bad and you can't see it as well. Today I peeled off the ugly RED pinstrip and took off the mudflaps. It has 206,000 miles. :scared: It runs great...the motor was re-built 3 years ago. It's a 4.3 V6 and has a tow package. :nod:

·
Registered
479 Posts
you should drive that to the dump.....if it will make it :lmao: j/p

hopefully it will turn out nice

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Don't waste the paint. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,136 Posts
screamin96 said:
I agree. If I were you I would buy some bedliner paint, or undercoating and paint your truck with it.

That or cover the whole thing with duct tape. That would be kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Brother Bought a blazer for 50 bucks. It got 213k miles on it. Right now the dents are getting taking out and then ready for a nice candy red paint job :tup: . ill post before and after pics

Looks Tired Tho. Spend 300 bucks and get a pos mako job and it will last for 2 or 3 years because if you paint it ( not sayiing your bad) isn't going to last long at all

·
Registered
475 Posts
well i guess u dont have to worry about anyone stealing it.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
CAMOGRIZZ said:
screamin96 said:
I agree. If I were you I would buy some bedliner paint, or undercoating and paint your truck with it.

That or cover the whole thing with duct tape. That would be kinda cool.
LMAO!! I can just picture someone with a camo duct taped truck :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
919 Posts
i got one...blazer 2.8 liters of pure american carburated muscle. :lol:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JB125 said:
well i guess u dont have to worry about anyone stealing it.
That and someone keying it. :lol: I don't need the paint to last long...I am selling it after winter is over to pay for part of my 6" suspention lift on my truck. :nod:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it is 4wd as you can see here:

It has a 3" body lift now which I will take off when I put the 6" suspention on and some 35" tires. :hey:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I like those little blazers.

-Dillon

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
threewheelin-feelin said:
if its 4WD its worth it...if not leave it alone lmao
It is... look at the wheels... Not a bad price.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I just put my 240,000th mile on my Z71. That Blazer is well worth $500. Fix it up then resell it cuz 6" lifts are a good $1300.

It's dirty here.

Here it is clean and before my new exhaust.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
wow..206k miles :scared:
i have a 91 4.3 blazer close to 230k... i like driving something you dont have to worry about messing up every once in awhile, makes a more interesting trip

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MrSlithers said:
I just put my 240,000th mile on my Z71. That Blazer is well worth $500. Fix it up then resell it cuz 6" lifts are a good $1300.
I got a used BDS lift lined up for $700 :tup: Nice truck Slithers. That goes to show that GM makes the longest lasting trucks on the road. :nod: :lol: I like the Ford ad when they brag about the truck lasting 120,000 miles...lol, that's just broken in for a Chevy. :smooch:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I love the way that old blazers and s10's look.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like them too. They run for a long time.

I wonder why the rear end sags so much on my blazer...prably just tired suspention. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts