Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is my 2001 Yamaha Warrior 350 blowing gas out of the carburetor instead of sucking after replace the camshaft did the timing and replaced the CDI

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
some things to check. make sure your machine was tdc on the compression stroke when you set the valve timing, you could be 180* out. if you used a cheap ebay cdi that could be causing your issue. unless you removed the head and inspected the valves when you did the timing chain you will need to do a leak down test to check for a burned valve. why did you change the cdi and timing chain?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't replace the timing chain I only replaced the CDI because it went out and I replaced the camshaft because that broke and after that I did the timing but I tried turning it 180* and it still did the same thing

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
if you broke a cam it is very likely you bent a valve or both and they are not sealing and it is leaking past. do the leak down test

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
just you tube it is the easiest way to figure it out basically you pressurize the engine with 10 or 12 psi through the spark plug hole and look for leaks. the other option is to pull the head and inspect the valves

1 - 10 of 10 Posts