Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 raptor 660 that was doing ok for the first day of riding but on the second day it started to cut back in power at 3/4 to full throttle and sputter and I would get an increasing number of popping from the exhaust. and I also noticed that the snorkel on the lid to the airbox had what seemed like it was drenched in oil. And so I saw that the airbox had a lot of oil on the bottom of it. I lowered the jet size and adjusted the needle clip to make it leaner thinking maybe it was rich but I still got power loss at full throttle and the cutting back didn't really stop. I noticed that it happened sort of slowly like I started getting some popping than I felt it cutting back and sputtering and it just got worse over the day.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
most likely over full on the oil. normally on yamaha you check the oil by starting the machine and running it for 5 minutes. shut it off for 5 and then put the dipstick in up to the thread but dont screw it in. if that is how you checked it, great. if not you likely over filled it. if that is how you checked it and now its over full you probably have a carb issue and are dumping fuel into the crank case or you blew a head gasket and are pumping coolant into the case either way you would explain oil in the case. rings would have to be super loose to get that much oil in the box. if its dumping fuel check your float height. go back to the original jetting

1 - 2 of 2 Posts