Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I'm in the process of rebuilding my 06 yfz 450 I have $2000 to drop into the motor any suggestions? After power nothing else I have a good setup with the frame and suspension that's on it I strictly am wanting to know what I can do for $2000 to make this thing scoot thanks in advance. Also this will be my first build so I have no clue where to start any information and opinions will be greatly appreciated
Screenshot_20200607-074348_Facebook.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

1. Hey guys I'm in the process of rebuilding my 06 yfz 450 I have $2000 to drop into the motor any suggestions? After power nothing else I have a good setup with the frame and suspension that's on it I strictly am wanting to know what I can do for $2000 to make this thing scoot thanks in advance. Also this will be my first build so I have no clue where to start any information and opinions will be greatly appreciated
    View attachment 6311 View attachment 6311
    If it helps this is what's been done to it and the cylinder looks good.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
for 2 grand if you are doing it your self you can build a stroker motor with head work. number one if you have not had the oil mod done get that done. the most bang for the buck have the head ported and polished, high flow air box and filter, the free cam mod and a pipe, and a jd jet kit. you can add a stroker crank and a big bore kit and still be pretty close to your budget but it wont be as reliable, it will be tougher to jet and could have heating issues. i have an 06 with a rebuilt stock bottom end, the head, air box, pipe, carb, and cam mod and an 05 that has it all. (i only ride sand with these machines) if they are geared the same top end is about the same. the 05 has a significant amount more torque i run it with factory gearing and giant paddles so in the end it is faster. the stroker motor will vibrate more due to the long stroke. i dont have trouble with heat but some guys do on the stroker builds, you could have to got to a larger radiator. they make them but adds to the build. there is no doubt that 05 is the most fun. it really rips, will climb anything and sounds awesome but at the end of the day the 06 will go anywhere the 05 will and it is more reliable and less fuss. my 2 cents if this is your primary machine do a good stock rebuild, have the head ported and polished, airbox, jets, and a pipe and you will be very happy. if this is a backup machine/toy go all out you will have a blast just be prepared for lots of tinkering. think top fuel drag racer gets a rebuild every run and you can run a toyota celica 100k without an oil change. either way i have built mild to wild on the yfz and if you have more questions let me know. i used bp racing out of nevada for my motor kit and head work. he has an ebay store for secure ordering and is very helpful if you call him. he stands by his parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts