Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
More teeth on the front sprocket, or less on the rear sprocket. 1 tooth rear = 3 teeth front.

You have a Toomey b-1 right? That's mostly topend. Port & polish, reeds, reed spacer, carb, 240 kit, and jet is all I can tell you.

Note: Regearing for topend will loose your bottom end, so you'll be better off to loose a few teeth rear to go gradual so you won't completely kill your bottom end.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Crazed said:
More teeth on the front sprocket, or less on the rear sprocket. 1 tooth rear = 3 teeth front.

You have a Toomey b-1 right? That's mostly topend. Port & polish, reeds, reed spacer, carb, 240 kit, and jet is all I can tell you.

Note: Regearing for topend will loose your bottom end, so you'll be better off to loose a few teeth rear to go gradual so you won't completely kill your bottom end.
yup u gotta remeber that the more topend u have the more bottom end u will loose

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my friend just got a 300ex with one of the stroker's in it and i walk all over him on take off but he'll just come right up and fly by me

·
Registered
134 Posts
when you changed to the 20" tires you lowered your gearing so you would most likely be ok to go up a tooth on your front sprocket and still have great low end and more mph. And its cheap to do so... :))

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Crazed said:

You sure about that? I thought adding or taking teeth off the back was for fine tuning, and adding or taking a tooth off the front made a bigger difference?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
blasterboy88 said:
Crazed said:

You sure about that? I thought adding or taking teeth off the back was for fine tuning, and adding or taking a tooth off the front made a bigger difference?
1 tooth in front is equal to 3 teeth in the rear.

So if you have a 40t rear and 10t front, and you raise the front one tooth, it would be equivilent to a 37 rear.

Instead of adding 2 teeth front, you can add 1 tooth and remove 1 or 2 from the rear, so you don't completely rob bottom end or topend, whichever your aiming for.

·
Registered
134 Posts
that isnt totaly true the best way to figure yout ratio is to divide it out. A 10 front and 37 rear is a 3.70 ratio a 11 front and 40 rear is a 3.63 ratio. Rear divided by front = ratio the bigger the number the lower the gear...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.