·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can i do to get more top end

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
More teeth on the front sprocket, or less on the rear sprocket. 1 tooth rear = 3 teeth front.

You have a Toomey b-1 right? That's mostly topend. Port & polish, reeds, reed spacer, carb, 240 kit, and jet is all I can tell you.

Note: Regearing for topend will loose your bottom end, so you'll be better off to loose a few teeth rear to go gradual so you won't completely kill your bottom end.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Crazed said:
More teeth on the front sprocket, or less on the rear sprocket. 1 tooth rear = 3 teeth front.

You have a Toomey b-1 right? That's mostly topend. Port & polish, reeds, reed spacer, carb, 240 kit, and jet is all I can tell you.

Note: Regearing for topend will loose your bottom end, so you'll be better off to loose a few teeth rear to go gradual so you won't completely kill your bottom end.
yup u gotta remeber that the more topend u have the more bottom end u will loose

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my friend just got a 300ex with one of the stroker's in it and i walk all over him on take off but he'll just come right up and fly by me

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What size rear tires do you have? The bigger the rear tires the more topend. But if you have too much topend he'll will stomp you and be so far ahead you'll never catch up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20" fast trekkers

·
Registered
134 Posts
when you changed to the 20" tires you lowered your gearing so you would most likely be ok to go up a tooth on your front sprocket and still have great low end and more mph. And its cheap to do so... :))

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
20" tires and one tooth in front = 21" tires. So it would be like stock gearing. Go down 3 rear and one front and you will have good topend.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Crazed said:

You sure about that? I thought adding or taking teeth off the back was for fine tuning, and adding or taking a tooth off the front made a bigger difference?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
blasterboy88 said:
Crazed said:

You sure about that? I thought adding or taking teeth off the back was for fine tuning, and adding or taking a tooth off the front made a bigger difference?
1 tooth in front is equal to 3 teeth in the rear.

So if you have a 40t rear and 10t front, and you raise the front one tooth, it would be equivilent to a 37 rear.

Instead of adding 2 teeth front, you can add 1 tooth and remove 1 or 2 from the rear, so you don't completely rob bottom end or topend, whichever your aiming for.

·
Registered
134 Posts
that isnt totaly true the best way to figure yout ratio is to divide it out. A 10 front and 37 rear is a 3.70 ratio a 11 front and 40 rear is a 3.63 ratio. Rear divided by front = ratio the bigger the number the lower the gear...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts