Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '07 YFZ450 that is very modified (built motor, fast, long travel a-arms, etc). I have been a two stroke (Banshee and dirt bike) guy my entire life (well since I started racing MX when I was 6). I know the Skat Trak Extreme 22x11x10 (9 paddle) works really well for my Banshee. What should I use for this YFZ in the Oregon dunes? I was thinking about going with the same setup and am going to throw them on it this weekend for a test run, but has anybody tested things and found what is the BEST? My riding style now is tree shoots, worm trails, hill climbs, and a basic run from Box Car to Spinreel. I have always been the fastest quad out there in drag racing and want to keep that reputation, but if the YFZ doesn't do as well as the Banshee, then I'll use the Banshee for drags and the YFZ for casual/track. Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
301 Posts
id stick with the same tires, the extremes is what me and all my buddies run on our yfz's i like to run a smaller wheel when possible, because it helps keep them from getting dinged, but 22" tall seems to be the winner for tires

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I run 21x10x9 7 or 8 paddle extremes and I ride in Glamis, Pismo, Winchester and Sand Lake and never have a problem. Even heavily modded 4 strokes have a hard time getting the wheel speed going when they go over 8 paddles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts