Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1 is $6000 out the door a good deal for a 2005? How much did you guys pay, out the door of course?

#2 I heard Raptors suck and break alot. Is the 2005 revised to be reliable. My 96 Banshee never broke once. It left yesterday and still never had the motor apart.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The new Raptors are very reliable, but I would buy a YFZ450 over the Raptor. Unless you feel you need reverse, and prefer to just putt around, then get the Raptor. I had a 98 Banshee, then a 03 Raptor, and now I'm thinking about a YFZ450. Good luck, both of them are nice choices!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I just feel the YFZ is over priced. What dont you like about the Raptor? It seemed like a pretty good quad?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Got mine for 5600 out the door, and I could get YFZ for 6100 OTD. I love my rappy, and very reliable. My buddies YFZ is a different story. It has had warranty work 3 times, and every time, it cost us a day of riding. I wish he would have bought a raptor, and not wasted my time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
$6000 is not bad price OTD. I really love my raptor. The reverse issue is why I would not get a YFZ. They are fast but I really like having reverse.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think yfz's are talked up alot. Kinda like when the 400ex first came out jsut it was the first of its kind. In my opinon as far as a quad that can do it all and do it all well the raptor is king. I love mine its fast handles pretty good rear axle it handles great. Id say go for it. As for price i dunno seems like a good deal i got mine for 2500 plus my blaster (not worth crap it was broke) But it wasnt in good shape and i like workin on my stuff i replaced the one way and clutch but this quad was not cared for and hasnt broke since i replaced those things.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i payed $5500 :hey: :hey: but mine was a 03 left over

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
just sit on both of em n see why people like the raptor over the 450. I paid 5700 for my 04 in the fall a 03 :TB:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Man I wanted to get the 450 when it came out but I am so glad I got a Raptor. I absolutely love the torque and you can pull the front end up any time you want to prettymuch. I like having reverse too. I ride woods, dunes, hills, prettymuch any terrain and it works great. The only reason I would get a 450 is if I did only MX. I would suggest the Raptor to anyone who wants big bore power and versatility.. :tup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like my raptor, and I have ridden banshee's and YZF. I my opinion I would go with the YFZ, but I would like the handle bars to be a little higher.

I have a 2001 Raptor, and with normal maintanance I have had no problems. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I also believe that we make our own luck with the actions we choose.

You cant go wrong with either the YZF or Raptor, It's all about having fun right? (Even scooters are fun, unless your friends see you riding it.)

·
Registered
350 Posts
my rappy has been great, not to say it doesnt break cause it does but i am very hard on it and it has takin some spills and the things that break usually are caused by my bad judgement

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought a raptor this summer and the only thing I don't like about them is that they are a little bit tippy but other than that the raptor kicks a$$.If you want torque and speed than this is the quad you want.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
raptors are great quads, and they dont feel tippy when you get wheels that have a wider offset. the power of them are awesome. i have had mine for 4 months and i still love the power. i am kinda used to it but it still gets me pumpin. like rappy77 said, they machine itself hasnt broke cuz of yamaha, it is because of me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Both the YFZ and Raptor are very reliable if properly maintained. Even in it's current 727 form, my Raptor has yet to have to be towed back to camp for any form of breakage.

If you really liked your Banshee, then you'd probably be happier with a YFZ. The power and handling are very similar. The Raptor is more laid back. Definately the better cruiser.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I hate you all because I just paid $7406 for mine this summer... what the hell :s96: . Anyway I love it and I haven't broken anything yet, which is more than I can say for any of my cars. Get a Raptor you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the responses guys. Im following everything that is said. I did like the Banshee for the power, but not the setup. This time around I want something that I can go for a long haul in the desert and be comfortable. The Raptor sounds more like what I am looking for. I still have about 2 weeks to decide. Im going to pick it up the first week of December.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts