Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently traded a car for an rx-7 and those cars are so much fun. I found one within a minute or 2 from my house. its an 83 limited. It has 15" alloys, moon roof, 5 spd and black and red interior. The color is silver. The paint isnt in that gooda shape. faded and peeling a little, real solid no rust holes. The back end got hit by somoen plowing but all it did was smash the tailight out and dent it a bit. not too bad. The body work is easy to me. He has Around $1000 into it some stuff is new gas tank, clutch and there was more too. It also has spare parts, doors, tail light, oil filter, part of steering column, service manual and more. I got him down to take $650 so far. might try to get him at $600. what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Jump on that shit! I Have an '81 and they are a blast to drive :nod: :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
how many Miles?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think he said it has 150,000 miles but it has been cared for and maintained. Runs really good and sounds liek a beast.

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
Blaster Master 1 said:
i think he said it has 150,000 miles but it has been cared for and maintained. Runs really good and sounds liek a beast.
Yeah, stay away from that... too many miles on a rotary...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
for 650 do it, i paid 4000 for my Acura with everything in it and i love it, i believe a RX-7 is a little faster not shure tho

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The older ones aren't that fast really. The 95's though is a totally different story, they would give a vette of that year a good run :tup:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they will go a bit over 120 in stock form. I read up on a bunch of articles. They are a pretty fast car.. My friends hav one and it has been at 130mph. Its almost stock. As for the mileage.. It doesnt affect the motor much. A rotary will take alot of miles. Did you know they have basicly only 3 moving parts inside the engine. The 2 rotors and the shaft that turns them. On the tips of the rotors there are metal wedges called apex seals, they do the job liek a piston ring would. They last a very long time. if it starts losing compression its because they are stuck. They are spring loaded and carbon and sludge buildup makes them stick in. Theres a trick using ATF (like unsticking valves in a regualr engine) and when done its supposed to clean up the apexs and make them seal better then its supposed to run like a new motor. The motors are such simple things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts