Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay say you bust your knuckle open real good, and theres a chunk of skin just hanging off and the wound hangs open. Should you leave the chunk/flap of skin on and put some Antibiotic Ointment and a bandaid on it, or rip the piece of skin off and then do that ointment and bandaid?

I think I need stitches :wtf:

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Well, its probably dependant on how deep it is. Try to sanitizing it with Hydrogen Peroxide and then put the flap on as normal as possible, put some neosporin on then a bandaid or two and some gauze maybe.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the chuck of skin put pack into place like it should be, but will it heal with it on there?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Be a man and rip it off. Chicks dig cars :hey:

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Is the chunk still connected? If it isnt dont worry, make sure its connected by a good portion of flesh or else it wont get blood then it will become infected, yum.

·
Registered
671 Posts
usually when that happens with m i try to clen it out reall good and put it back in place as normal as possilbe and if it doesn't heal i rip it off

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the chunk is connected, and fits in place good, I guess I'll just leave it how it is. I just want the damn thing to heal

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
lol, I meant to type "Chicks dig scars" :lol: :tup:

·
Registered
864 Posts
just put some antibacterial on it bandage it up and change it evryday...i have plenty of scars were i needed sticked but didnt get them

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I hit a wall and a piece of plaster over a screw popped off and stuck between my knuckles. Bout the same your describing I guess but the flap was more than connected well. Took 4 stiches and looked like I had a you know what between my knuckles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
it depends on whether there is any blood flow going from the chunk of skin to the rest of your hand . if not more than likely the chunk will just die off and loosen or it will become dead flesh and infect the wound . if in that muchdoubt just ask a emt or paramedic that you know . you should post a pic if you want a good response . its impossible to tell without seeing something .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts