Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I asked my uncle if he would sell me one of his many .22s. He ended up giving me a Marlin .22 magnum lever action. On the barrel it says Model 57-M-Micro-Groove Barrel-Cal .22 Magnum. Im not sure how old this rifle is but im just wondering if its a good gun. It looks pretty nice but i just started getting into the rifle scene. I know alot of you have plenty more experience than me.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
damn you thats the only gun i lack having a full set of marlins! but yes marlin makes extremely good guns and u will be pleased with it...

·
Registered
750 Posts
i have this gun any ideas why mine mis fires almost every other time when i use the clip its brand spankin new. If i take the bullet out that misfired and put it in again single load it it works its got me confused. And its handy to use the clip when coon hunting.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
The feed lips on the clip might be bent, that would cause the cartridge to not line up with the chamber when the bolt slams forward. Have you tried another clip?

·
Registered
750 Posts
not yet but thanks for the heads up thats what i figured.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This gun seems to have a very short lever action. I havent shot it yet but i have a feeling its gonna be nice. Im gonna be up sunday morning to shoot this, a 30/30, and my friends 12 gauges'

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I also have a Marlin .22. Very nice guns for alot of things :tup:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took it out for the first time today and its not very consistent. when it shoots normal its great but sometimes it has almost zero power. Some shots would dent a metal chair and the others would go right through. Its almost as if the hammer isnt hitting the round hard enough. One round didnt even fire but there was a mark on the back where the hammer hit. Im gonna take her to a gun smith and get it workin like its supposed to.

any ideas on what it could be? Im shooting remmington .22 target rounds. 100 rounds cost only 4 bucks. could it be cheap ammo?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i have a savage .22. i love the thing. its a semi auto with a 10 round clip.

i had the same problem with the clip. the fix : get a new clip. when the spring in the clip wears out it misfires for some reason.

·
Registered
750 Posts
what type of clip is good can i get a 10 round clip somewhere?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
204fmf said:
what type of clip is good can i get a 10 round clip somewhere?
im not sure what kind of clip i have. my dad just bought it for me one day.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is tube fed. 20shots :tup: Any ideas on my misfire problem? anybody??

·
Registered
674 Posts
PhResTyL28 said:
i took it out for the first time today and its not very consistent. when it shoots normal its great but sometimes it has almost zero power.
Since it is a Magnum... you are shooting the correct ammo, right? Not the regular .22 long rifle?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must have been mislead. I was told I could shoot standard .22 longrifle rounds. Im guessing if i buy some magnums I should be alright then?

one more question. What is a good brand name for ammo?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
yeah i have a marlin .22 magnum its a nice gun me and my friends always go squirrel huntin with my magnum and my regular .22.If you use regular .22 longrifle bullets they sometimes wont fire like you said CCI is the way to go for magnum bullets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts