Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jumping terminals 2 start, no button start. fuse wire?

I just bought a 89 warrior 2 weeks ago. The guy i got it from, told me it needed a relay, It starts by jumpin the terminal on the relay, I've replaced it. same results.

I noticed that the fuse wire is not hooked up from the battery. the wire off the main is running to the relay, .{ I think?} 2 wires hooked to the positive on relay,
So would this prevent the push button start from working?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok now its barley turning over, makes like one revolution.. i got 11. something volts at the soleniod. kinda low. its done this before, saw a bare wire running from the magnito running to the cdi.. taped it wiggled it, but according to the diagram. it shouldnt have any thing to do with starting?

·
8,530 Posts
So it'll start if you jump the terminals but crank slow if you use the button? Did you replace the big relay also referred to as the solenoid?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
button dosen't work at all. yeah bought a relay, {the terminals ive been jumping, i filed it down the plastic so it would bottom out.} could have goten a bad one.. cant return it now. tried using jumper cables from a ideling lawn mower, some times it just dosent want to coperate. it will start with the battery an jumping the terminals sometimes.. cleaned the inside of the start button.. ive got power when i hit the button on the R/W an Br wires.. weird how some times it dosent want to turn over more than a half a revolution or so jumpin terminals... havent had it long.. ive got half of the stoping fixed.. "front brakes" back ive got to get a caliper... mabe replace the coil, might just have start taking plastic off an chasin wires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, wiring diagram says r/w wire runs to fuse/ battery? mine runs to the green plug under the left fender, out other side of the plug an then back in to the same terminal on the green plug/ harness. i thought someone might have just stuck it in there, but it looks factory. is this factory wiring? or a previous owners handy work?

·
8,530 Posts
Wiring is very hard to diagnose without being there. There are different diagrams and colors for different years on the warriors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wiring is a pain.. going to install a rear caliper rebuild kit tomorrow. find someone else to go riding incase i need a tow, an see if i can put some miles on this thing. with a bolt in my pocket.. i ride tomorrow. ive been going off the diagram on the thread in the forum.. i havent went through the whole circuit. thanks for the feedback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts