Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear shock for the raptor is a bit soft for my weight.. 270 ish .. anyone have any recomendations on where i can get this rear shock revalved/sprung .. seems a pretty good shock to just toss, and a single rear is nearly as expensive as a pair of fronts ..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I had mine revalved/respring by TCS. I talked with "RaptorCam" a member on here about it, and he answered all my shock questions, and gave me a nice price too. Also another member to contact would be "BansheeBC" Im pretty sure he sells TCS as well and could probally answer some questions.

I like the re valve/re spring from TCS. It really did improve my rear shock, and Im not scared to land from jumps anymore, and my whoop cofindence has improved. I weigh in a 230 so I think it was a little soft for me as well, and after re springing/re valve it is perfect.

Other members on here will probally tell you to trash it and go Elka or something like that, but my vote goes for TCS.(although the revalve/respring is like 3/4 the cost of a new shock anyways, so you might just want a whole new one)

P.S. I would also PM "GrandDragon" about shock questions, he helped me with my shock purchase questions also. He should be able to tell you what ya need, just tell him "RaptorRacer888" told you about him.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'm not a big suspension guru, but I did a Works rebuild and I love it. The stock rear shock is fully adjustable, an aftermarket fully adjustable rear shock is crazy expensive. The rebuild is well worth the money, it inproved every aspect of my riding. :tup:

·
Registered
275 Posts
how much for tcs? do you just revalve or do you need a new spring also?
is it a kit you can do yourself?

I have the same problem with the stock rear. Now that I have the 450's on the front I can really tell. I have the rear cranked all the way up and its still not enough.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
misato said:
how much for tcs? do you just revalve or do you need a new spring also?
is it a kit you can do yourself?

I have the same problem with the stock rear. Now that I have the 450's on the front I can really tell. I have the rear cranked all the way up and its still not enough.
I give another vote to TCS. :tup:

THe revalve was around $400 but worth the money. It is something you have to have a shock company do though because they have to open your shock, replace the valves, re-assemble it and then repressurize it. Not something I think most people can do on thier own. Turn around is not bad, it took TCS only a week and 1/2 to get my shocks to me. :tup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dunno, that question has been asked a few times .. still wouldn't really solve my problem though, they arn't sprung for my weight either :wtf:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts