Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be going with a long travel set up, and have narrowed down the a arms to Houser, LSR, Metal Craft, or JD. Out of these what is going to be the best MX and why. I like the Laegers and ARS but they are $$$.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd go with the LSR/PEP setup because of the killer deal the Rudy has at DFR. :tup:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Elka shocks on stock A-arms give 11.1" of suspension travel. How much travel do "long travel" A-arms give?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Long Travel Shocks give a little more suspension, LT A arms give a longer range of motion at the Ball Joints.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Houser/ELKA is a very nice setup. I think the MC arms look very nice, go with ELKA shocks because PEP will be a long wait.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ill tell you what, i saw a JD/elka 450R and i was completely blown away at the craftsmanship. The welds are flawless and overall they look pretty tough.

·
Registered
78 Posts
axis and ars-fx is wat i run

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do dune alot, I ran my first race this month, now I can't get enough. I don't run yfznation though. I ran a desert mx race in eastern Washington, what a blast, the woops killed me though, there was a 3 mile section. :scared:

·
Registered
919 Posts
LSR DC-4 and Pep ZPS

·
Registered
366 Posts
JB racing, pm DirtDragon. Shocks, Elka / PEP / TCS / Axis, what ever you prefer. I run TCS from Bob, superb.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
LostCauseSVT said:
Dont go DC-4`s , the shock mounts sit out way far and dont give you as nice a ride as other brands as well as suspension travel
Actually, Eric at Elka told me Lone Star A-arms work well with Elka shocks since they accomodate the 18"+ shocks.

How much wheel travel should we expect from a long travel A-arms with aftermarket shocks?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm seriously considering the Ars-FX/Axis setup. But it seems to me that alot of the comparisons being made are Apples to Oranges because of the numerous differences in all the setup combinations. :scared: :scared:

Heim vs. Ball joints...Long travel vs. Standard... :scared:

Shock differences, such as Shim vs. Check valve...preload vs. zero preload... :scared:

The list goes on and on... :bk:

Has anyone had any experience with either Custom Axis or their Ars-FX A-arms?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts