Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having some symptoms of my valve seats leaking. Black smoke on start up until warm. I did a compression test and evrything is perfect. I have heard of some "leak down test"? This is suppose to figure out if my valves or seats or something has gone bad? Does anyone have any information on this and how its exactly done..thanks a lot..also if my valve seats arent seating properly would my raptor be losing any power?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
black smoke is just from extra gas burning. normally if ur valve seats are bad, u will have white/blue smoke until it was gone off the top of the piston.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
You'll need a 12mm adapter to use the one NG linked.

If you did a compression check and everything was "perfect", how can your valve seats be leaking? Are you sure you don't mean valve seals? If they leak, you'll get oil on top of the piston - see cantcatchme's post.

What was your compression and did you use the stock battery or a car battery? Throttle open or closed? Just curious, most folks give up on a Raptor compression check when they can't find a 12m adapter.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a compression check with the stock battery(while it was getting a boost from my car, to get over the decompression). The throttle was also held wide open. Yah i believe its the valve seals not seats sorry. I believe i am getting oil leaking down through when it sits, then on start up im getting a lot of smoke(not sure on color exact, hard to tell what color the smoke is exactly) until its warm...should i do something about this or is it ok to leave?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.