Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help!! Over the weekend I pulled the CVT off of my 2003 kodiak 400 4x4 to clean and add new grease to it. I got it all put back together and rode it to the end of my driveway and back (about 80 yards) and it made a metal grinding popping noise and now it will not go forward or reverse. I took everything apart and the cvt is still intact. What could have happened?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I AM AT A LOSS ON WHAT COULD BE WRONG. THIS IS STRANGE TO ME BECAUSE THE BELT AND SHEAVES STILL MOVE LIKE THEY SHOULD BUT I HAVE NO FORWARD OR REVERSE MOVEMENT........

MY 3 YEAR OLD IS BEGGING TO GO RIDING....

· Registered
3 Posts
did you take off the secondary or primary clutch? the primary has to be make sure the threads are visable on the shaft before putting the locking nut on. if you took the seconday appart did you remove the one way bearing? it can still go into gear but lunges and dies if in backwards. they are confusing and many of the manual are incorrect on how to put them in. the simple way is to make sure the green dot on the bearing facing you when put back together. it should rotate counterclockwise and lock clockwise.

· Registered
3 Posts
one last thing did you take the weights out of the inside of the primary and oil if so one could be giving you a problem also the secondary springs did you by chance change them or remove them, one could have broke or became loose. when you take the belt off and rotate by hand can you identify wher the noise is comming from? just some ideas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts