Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have the chance to get a 2001 350 warrior and was told that it needed a bearing thats behind the stator, I have never heard of any such thing but wondered if this guy was talking crazy or if in fact the bearings could cause a knocking sound. The engine doesnt knock at idle runs smooth and it really doesnt sound like a rod knock, any help would be apprecieted. Thanks in advance Ed :roll:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 97 warrior that over Labor day weekend went out with knocking sound like you are explaining. It didn't knock at idle, but the minute you started on the throttle you could hear it. Tore the engine apart to find that the bearings for the connecting rod are toasted (producing rod knock). Bearings behind the stator could mean the two main bearings on the crank shaft. If it is possible, I would ask to see if there is any metal flake in the oil, but the guy would have to pull the plug in order to see that, or the oil filter. If there is flake in the oil, you have bigger problems to deal with.

·
8,529 Posts
The crank bearings are large roller bearings, They are very strong, their worst enemy would be rust, and they should be soaking in oil.

I would guess it is a rod bearing. It is a good time to go to a Hot ROds Stroker setup and really whoop up on your buddies!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its Toast

Hi all, Thanks for the replys, It is the rod bearing.Who ever had the Warrior beat it like it owed them money !!! Where is a good place to get the kit to redo this then and is there anyone in Northeast Ohio who is good at rebuilding? I never have worked on one of these but would like to see how its done. Thanks again for all the replys Ed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, i have a 2005 raptor 350 i have a noise coming from the engine area it just started.it makes the noise from start up and at idel and even whenyou give it some gas. i have not yet found out where its coming from. does any one have any ideas what it could be?

·
8,529 Posts
I would entertain the HotRods stroker kit. The kits will cost less than stock parts any you will have a much stronger motor.

If you don't want the stroker kit, you can go with a stock replacement HotRods crank, ends up costing about the same as paying someone to put a new rod on your old crank.

Woodward specialties can get you the kit, he's a sponsor, should be a banner at the top of the screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a knocking sound when I start up my 1989 Yamaha warrior 350. When I pull the clutch lever in the knocking shops. Release it and the really loud knocking starts again please help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts