Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone play keyboard/piano? I was thinking about getting a keyboard because I always wanted to learn to play piano but our house is too small for one. Any suggestions as to which keyboards are good and what kind I should get? I'm pretty much clueless :lol: Thanks.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
u get what u pay for.

I dont play keyboard or piano, i play bells, and the marimba, exilaphone, all thouse kinda things....its like a piano but u get to beat it with sticks lol, much different playing styles, but the notes r all the same place, and if u can read music from one u can read the other

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about a Yamaha one but there's so many on their site. I have no idea which one to get :lol:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Blaster101 said:
Does anyone play keyboard/piano? I was thinking about getting a keyboard because I always wanted to learn to play piano but our house is too small for one. Any suggestions as to which keyboards are good and what kind I should get? I'm pretty much clueless :lol: Thanks.
Well, it's too bad you don't have room for a real piano. They don't take up that much space. You don't have to get a grand.LOL.
Anyway, about pianos you should be willing to spend a bit of money.
I would go to bestbuy and look into something like this. http://yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Con.../0,6373,CNTID%3D23338%26CTID%3D205000,00.html

One of the most important features in a keyboard is pressure sensitivity. Like if you hit a key harder it plays louder. Also maybe look for one that has a digital scale, like the one in the link i posted. It's very helpful for newbies to be able to check their notes when they are just learning to read music.

I personally have been playing piano for about six years and wouldn't consider a keyboard. At least not one that didn't cost like 900 bucks.
Oh one more thing. If your looking at keyboards, if one has like weighted keys, to where like there is actually some resistance when you push it instead of like being just a button, if its not out of your price range get that one. Hope this helps. Goodluck.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much does that one cost? I looked at the page and maybe I missed it but I can't find a price. I wish we could fit a piano, even a small one but as it is now, a keyboard would be the biggest thing we could fit in here (we live in a very small house). Also, does it make a difference how many keys it has? I saw some that had more keys than others. Should I go for something that has more or does it not matter?

Thanks a lot :tup:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well, more keys are definately a better thing. I forget how many keys a real piano has but i think its like 80 something. For your case though you don't need alot. In all the newbie piano books you don't really use more then about to low C and high C which is 2 octives. 12 keys an octive so you'll prolly only use at most 30 keys. When you get better though, you will need more keys. I know i couldn't play the stuff im on now on the 62 key or whatever keyboard i got right now. Thats why i don't ever use it.

I believe that one costs like 150-200. Not sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts