Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 yamaha blaster I bought off a guy for 350 he sead it sat in his garage for a year and wanted to clean it out so I got it for cheap but the guy before him had it set up for drag when I got it he have me it with 2 motors the one that was on it has a good bottom end he sead so I put the outer one off the side but it didn't have a top end on it so I bought one and put it on watching a video and it started first kick but when I hit high rpm's the throttle sticks even after I pull the rip cord I don't think it's the throttle cable tho I've never had a 2 stroke before earher

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
as a general rule high rpms in a 2 stroke means you have a vacuum leak somewhere ,your fuel mix is way too lean, or your carb need attention. if you did not rebuilt the carb after sitting that is the first thing you need to do. if rebuilding the carb does not help you will need to do a compression and a leak down test to to find any leaks. there are tons of you tube videos on this even one on a blaster. as for the "rip cord" i assume you mean a kill switch. those generally are pretty simple check the ground on it, i am reasonably sure it is a second problem and unrelated to the first.

·
8,529 Posts
If it only sticks when you touch the throttle it is probably something sticking.

Try to get the throttle to stick when its not running and track the problem down. Check the carb thoroughly make sure the slide is not hanging up and then start eliminating the cable and then the throttle assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts