Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of clamp ons and was wondering if I had to rejet? Running 280 mains right now with k&n in the stock box with lid and no snorkel.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
cerberus said:
You are adding a whole lot more air to your fuel/air mixture, so you will need to richen up a couple sizes.
:tup: :tup: Same thing he said

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should go to maybe 300 to 310 and start from there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 310's will be close. But, even two Banshee motors with exactly the same modifications running at exactly the same time and place will probably still take a little different jetting. Don't take anything for granted, just make sure you check it (and frequently if the temp drops a bunch where you're at, as colder air is more dense, and can lean you out).

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
I take it this is for a banshee that is not the one in your signature with the 400 mains? :shrug:

If you have 280's now and it is dialed in...I would go up to 310's after installling the new K&N's and then jet back down. Most likely you will end up at 290 or 300.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its for mine I changed the jets because my g3 reeds broke and I put the power reeds back in it. Ill try the 310s first, is there any other thing I should watch out for while using clamp on's ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts