Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my new bike....Polaris Predator....first off any help would be greatly appreciated....what kind of free mods can I do to the bike....I have searched and searched there are very few forums for the Predator out there...first off can I remove the spark arrestor? I hate the stock exhaust on it looks cheesy....any other help would be nice also...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm first time I rode a Predator, an '04, it bogged like no other. I think for $7000 its not a very good bike.

Just my 2 pennies

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That one of my concerns.....The banshee was just fast....that sums it up in one word....but it is a new toy and something different for a bit. I will be getting another banshee soon to make into a strict duner.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
SkullATC said:
Hmm first time I rode a Predator, an '04, it bogged like no other. I think for $7000 its not a very good bike.

Just my 2 pennies
Actually, 04 preds were cheaper on average than the 04 raptor was. The 05 pred has signifcant improvements and is still hovering around 6k.

I've never seen a pred anywhere sell for 7k, just 450's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well I finally got my new bike....Polaris Predator
Oh...I'm sorry for your misfortune. :(

My brother-in-law bought a new one this summer, and while I don't have any free performance tips, I do have a few "fix it" tips.

1. Check the PRO steering linkage bolts regularly, they can and do work loose and if they come out, no steering! Loctite might help here.

2. Look at the seat release lever, it's pretty close the the fender plastic, right? When you sit on the seat hard (i.e. landing a jump), the lever will contact the fender and you will lose your seat. Find a Dremel tool or something and remove the plastic below that lever.

3. Fasten the battery down. It's only got a little rubber strap holding in in, and that allows it to rub against the metal support bracket. It can rub right through the battery plastic in a few spots. A few places sell replacement brackets, or you could use some rubber around the battery to protect it from rubbing.

4. If you cut out about 1.5" from the lower part of the sub-frame, and reweld, you will lower the back of the seat about 2". Thats a Very Good Thing as the seat tilts forward way too much.

5. If you are into jumping, be aware that this quad is very front heavy. It needs lots of gas off the ramp or it will nose dive. Been there, seen that, not pretty.

6. I don't know why, but the rear shock snapped in half over a 2' jump one month after purchase. It was replaced for free and all, but still, WTF??

7. Buy some sort of exhaust to boost low end power (sorry, no recomendations) It has no power until it winds out, then it hits all of a sudden. Not unlike your Banshee I guess, but doesn't rev as fast.

8. Sell it and buy a 450! That's what my brother wants to do, but he will never get his money back from the Predator.

·
Registered
678 Posts
My neighbor has had his preddy for about 2 years now (still stock) with no problems.
I like my rappy better, but the predator isn't a bad bike.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I rida an 04. No worries. Just purchased an FMF slip on. I'll let you know how if feels later this week.

Definatelly check the predatorowners.com site. Right now it's down (I think).

Later,
Shawn

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
New slip-on is great. Sounds good too. I'm hitting the rev-limiter now quicker, so I'm considering a new CDI and possibly going up a tooth on my front sprocket.

~Shawn

·
Registered
466 Posts
im in the process of nagging for the race ready pred a friend is sellin.
he souht of has to as he has 4YFZ'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 race ready!!!!!!!!!!

do you think its a good bike ive rode it and i liked it, esspecially after my warior

1 - 18 of 18 Posts