Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forums. I just got a 1997 warrior. Going all out building it for my wife. I got it for 200$. Rod bearing is gone like really gone I can move rod about half inch up n down lol. Plan on the 379 strokes kit, any input on that set up would be nice.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,537 Posts
If you want to make it comfortable and easy for her to ride, spend just as much on the suspension as you do the engine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you want to make it comfortable and easy for her to ride, spend just as much on the suspension as you do the engine.

I swapped my rear shock out for a 400ex rear shock on my 96' Warrior I just built. I like it. Seems comfortable. I had to mod the Warrior Mount and the air box a little but not a hard task. Works good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, time for a much needed update.. Gone a little farther then I had thought I was going to.. I know I'll never be able to recover all the money I dumped in this thing...
As for what is done so far.
The motor is back together and bringing painted next weekend. Went with the 379 crank and +1mm vertex piston with the hotcams stage 2 along with new kibble white valve and springs and hard wear. Replaced oil pump and all in case bearings and seals too.
Did the clutch cover oil cooler mod as we'll but when with duel pass tube and fin coolers.
To fit the coolers I ordered diamond eye 6 inch widening kit to bring the a arm pivot points out away from frame. (See pics)
The frame and pretty much everything else is at powder coating. Should be back in the next few days. Pics will come when I pick everything up.
As for suspension, all wheel bearings and seals are new everyone one of them including the bottom of the steering stem and every needle bearing in the rear suspension. Shocks I went with new air shocks with reservoir front and back.
Parts that I'm still waiting for in mail is the full fmf exhaust power bomb header and powercore4. And tusk g force adjustable axle. So far so good.. The only way I justifying this build is I'm still 3 grand less then a new quad lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I need some imput. I already order and have on my shelf a brand new keihin 38mm PE carb. But after looking around some people love the. And some say junk. I didn't do much research befor ordering but now know it dose not have a accelarator pump. I ride a 2008 Polaris outlaw 525s worked over. And that uses the keihin FCR. I'm more comfortable running with the FCR has anyone put one on a warrior before?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2015 warrior build: everything's brand new.

Frame:
Polished SS bolt kit (every single bolt, washer, and nut).
Everything has been powder coated red and black.
Diamond J customs +6in front end widening kit.
Tusk G-Force +4in rear axel.
Tusk one piece nerf and heel guards for a z400.
All hub bearing are new.
Carrier bearing new.
Chain hard wear new.
A arm and swing arm bearing and bushings new.
Steering stem bearing new.
Tie rod ends new.
New RFY air shocks all around.
SS braided brake lines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motor:
Hot rods 379 stroker crank.
Vertex +1mm stroker piston.
Hot cams stage 2 cam (made for stroker crank).
Kibble white valves
Kibble white H.D. Valve springs and hard wear.
All bearing replaced inside cases.
New oil pump.
Clutch cover mod oil cooler w/ 2 duel pass oil coolers with ss braided lines.
Direct shift tusk shifter (no linkage)
FMF power bomb titanium header.
FMF powercore4 pipe.
39mm FCR carb.
K&N cone filter.

Other:
Maier new black custom warrior plastics.
New black seat cover.
Hydraulic clutch.
Trail tech vapor computer.
New aluminum rims and tires

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but that's the most of it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Man not gonna lie, you're going to regret spending money on those shocks and that widening kit. Those shocks are really cheap and don't function well. They perform worse than oem shocks actually

·
Registered
586 Posts
I would port the head and run a cam from mega or cwr. The stage 2 was probably my least favorite cam. Not much gains from it and since it has a lot of duration it made power in the upper rpms. If staying with a non ported head if run the .390 grind from web if wanting a nice midrange, or .413 from web or the stage 1 from hotcams if wanting more of a low end motor.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Last, yes a few of us use the fcr. A 39mm off a yfz would work awesome for you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carb is on it's way. What did yous use for cable? And thanks for the input on shocks but it's to late lol. And the cam said it was ideal for the stroker crank so I believe that's u the duration is more. We will see once I finish it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I really like that frame, I also agree with Beastly about the shocks and DJ kit, I personally know about the DJ kit they are way too heavy, I just sold mine a month ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have began to totally redo my warrior to im getting sa house of kolors royal blue with miniflake.. one thing thats gonna be unique im doing research to se if i can set up fuel injection on my warrior. kind of like a raptor then frun a turbo with about 5psi of boost should be pretty wicked.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
wow, you really went all out on that build! definitely post up some pics when it's all finished.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,
Hygear Suspension would be happy to help you out with your Suspension. Give Us a Call at 607.533.7434!

Hygear Suspension
308 Peruville Rd.
Freeville, NY 13068

·
Registered
62 Posts
WOW THAT IS SOME COLOR ON THAT ORANGE BIKE, EVERYTHING IS SO CLEAN... a shame to run it in the dirt when it is that pretty! mine is all greasy/oily underneath from oiling/greasing things on it; not that it bothers me any to have it dirty like that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
WOW u must have some MONEY!!!! take a $200 basket case and turn it into the trophy you are making it into...and for a girl???? that machine should be under GLASS!!!! WOW!!! cant have ANYTHING LIKE THAT HERE AS THEY WILL STEAL IT RIGHT AWAY WITH THE RIDER ON IT. I KNOW they don't make big enough locks to keep that bike, or ANY BIKE here, from being STOLEN!!!! It is just a matter of time, if they see it, their whole life will revolve around FIGURING OUT HOW TO STEAL IT as this is north mexico and when 1/2 the population if POOR and half that population addicted to drugs and alcohol and unable to EVER make enough money to support their DRUG AND ALCOHOL habits... they have to steal and sell it for pennies on the dollar to the local drug dealer who strips it down and sells part off of it or just paints it WM black and rides it like they stole it... as they did steal it. I would NOT imagine having ANYTHING that nice here... as "they" would steal it in... a month? NO MATTER HOW MANY LOCKS/CHAINS/ALARMS/DOORS/FENCES they had to traverse to get to it and steal it. what it would be like to reside somewhere where half the population isn't trying to steal to survive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts