Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my axle late this summer and I just bought a +4 axle for it and they say that if you are going to install a new axle than you want to use new bearings and seals and I was thinking,I could probly use the bearings that are already on my raptor because I didn't really even used thoughs I think I only put like 25 hours on them and I didn't really do any kind of riding that would hurt the bearings.Does anyone think that it would be alright to just used the old bearings???

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Normally, you would replace the bearings while you are in the carrier. In your case I think you are ok because you only put 25 hrs on them. I would insepct them for wear and such while you have it apart.

Pivot Works recommends that you replace bearings every three years or depending on the riding conditions....water, mud.

If you decide to replace them here is a link to Pivot Works:

http://www.pivotworks.com/default.asp

Any other questions, ask away,

Ice

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
i didnt replace mine and they work great. :nod:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only riding I really did was in a sand pit and all it is down there is hills so I wasn't really jumping it or anything like that

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another question.......I'm thinking about putting +2 a-arms on my raptor and I was wondering,will this lower the front end at all??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts