Blue Traxx Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
i assume when you say rod with the spring you mean the accelerator pump and not the needle valve. the bic pen spring trick supposedly makes the spring stiffer and makes the accelerator pump give its squirt a little sooner, never made much difference on mine. the pump rod not sliding smoothly should not cause what you are describing. if the accelerator pump in not working correctly you will get a flat spot when you jab the throttle but if you accelerate smoothly it should rev right up. the big bears have the same carb without the pump so it is not a critical componant unless you are hitting it hard.the exhaust port should not cause an issue short term but you need to get it fixed or you can ruin the exhaust valve. if you still have the parking brake find the 2 wires that run out of the brake lever and follow them down under the hood and unplug that connection, the switch sometimes fails and the cdi thinks the brake is on and enables the rev limiter. i doubt that is the problem because you say top end is not effected but it is a good mod as it serves no real purpose and can cause lots of issues. i am a little confused on the time line, did you put the zoom on and it ran fine until you stored it or did you put the new carb on after the long term storage. either way everything you describe makes me think plugged pilot circuit. my suspicion is you are going to need to rebuild your brand new carb. i am not sure what else it could be

·
Registered
4 Posts
The carb that was on it when I put it in the shed was a zoom. It ran good from idle to 3/4 before it went in. Its been in there for about 3 month. The new carb has been on it for about 3 weeks. I put the cleaned out pilot from the first one, in the new one..... I don't know what size the jet is. If there was markings they're gone now. I'll pull it back off and stick a wire file in the three little holes the carb cleaner came out of when I shot it through the pilot port. I appreciate your help cory52000.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
just be careful with the wire i use compressed air but as long as you are not making the holes bigger you will be ok. so when you pulled it out of storage it was exactly the same as it went in and you changed the carb to fix the top end power and ultimately mangled jet holder? and now you have crap on the bottom and from 1/4 to wot is good and idle is good? explain how you trick it past 1/4 throttle and describe what is happening during that throttle range. make sure your bowl vent is clear. a possibility is it is partially plugged, again kind of a long shot because if it was plugged in theory it it should get worse as the vacuum drops with the wot. but it is good to check. have you put in a new plug? check the ohms on the primary coil as well you could have a partially fowled plug or a weak primary coil. how does the spark look. i assume you checked the o-ring and carb boot when you made the swap. is there any chance the o-ring was displaced

·
Registered
4 Posts
So she revved up good today. I was having to stick it quick to about 3/4 let off to between 1/2 and 1/4. That was the trick. But today I could go up slow or fast. No stumble no pop. I have two 42.5 jets and one that I think is a 45. That's the jet that that was in the first carb. With all three side by side you can tell ones different. Put that one in. Started the air mix screw 2 .5 dialed it back to 1.75.. Boom there ya go

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having similar issues, I just changed the oil and oil filter and air cleaner in my 96 warrior along with putting clean fuel in the tank and cleaning up the spark plug and it runs fine at idle but if I give any gas at all it bogs down and wants to die on me, I’m thinking maybe a carb issue but I’m hoping I don’t have to tear the thing apart again, any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a raptor 660R and when its in neutral it idle and revves fine but when i put in gear and let the clutch go and give it gas it starts to bog out a little what do i do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
we got it to work we have a new carburetor as a high performance since i put a new carb on our polarize we thought we could just slap it on but it wasn't working correctly so we took it off and we saw that on our old carb the jets were down all the way and we had to adjust them to the correct spot which was hard. so i got it to work in the end!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts