Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fighting carb issues, had a stuck needle and was leaking fuel as fast as it went in, got that fixed and now it will start fine, idle ok but as soon as I try to give it any gas, it dies. Anyone got any ideas?
I also put a used FMF pipe on it and know I need to re-jet it. Anyone got any ideas on what size jets I should use?
I haven't got the quad running since I put the pipe on, but it should at least run to where I can ride it, which it oesn't do now.
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just got my warrior about 3 months ago and it was doing something similar it would idle good but then as soon as you gave it any gas it bogged down really bad and you could barely give it enough gas to get it into gear without stalling. you might want to try unplugging the parking brake sensor it helped me. it is located on the clutch lever it is the top wire that is closest to you while you are sitting on the bike. follow it down to underneath the hood disconnect it see how it runs. i would post a picture for you but i am on a mac laptop and have absolutely no idea how to post a picture on this thing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a sputtering, or back firing at all? Any noise or does it just completely just shut down, like it's a bog down?
It just dies, no sound/backfire. I've heard it do the 'reverse switch' problem before and this is different. As soon as I hit the throttle, it just quits.:???:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a sputtering, or back firing at all? Any noise or does it just completely just shut down, like it's a bog down?
It just dies, no sound/backfire. I've heard it do the 'reverse switch' problem before and this is different. As soon as I hit the throttle, it just quits.:???:

Carb been adjusted ? or Re-jetted ? Sometimes you have to shell out the $$$ to get it looked over. Find a good mechanic, if you can't do it yourself. Sounds like the carb to me.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sounds like the accelerator pump isn't working, or pilot is partially plugged, or air mixture is too lean. May be a combo of several of those things. When my sons Raptor was doing that, it was because the pilot was too small, then had to tweak the air mixture to get it just right. Also are you letting it warm up a little before hammering the throttle?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sounds like the accelerator pump isn't working, or pilot is partially plugged, or air mixture is too lean. May be a combo of several of those things. When my sons Raptor was doing that, it was because the pilot was too small, then had to tweak the air mixture to get it just right. Also are you letting it warm up a little before hammering the throttle?
mine also bogs out and dies at full throttle but that's ONLY if you give it full throttle. Also I'm not letting it warm up a little before giving it full gas could that be the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
yamaha warrior problems

Hello I baught a 2001 warrior last month and it had problems with the spark..I changed my ignition coil and regulator and it went fine until I did an oil change last week.. It starts up, idles fine until I apply throttle then it revs a bit and dies.ANY HELP PLZ

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've just been through EXACT problem. 02 warrior. Accelerator pump and fuel passage on carb blocked up. Compressed air will fix u up if u know what u are doing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Drop bowl on carb. Find fuel passage and use skinny air blow gun. Clean it out and a carb cleaning will also get crud u can't see!! Good luck let us know

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know it sounds stupid and normally doesn't need to be said but ive done it a few times when my bikes in the shop and not checked the spark plug and racked my brain until I finely think about it... don't mean to sound stupid just a thought

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got a 05 raptor 350. it will start up just fine and if you give it more than half throttle it will spit and sputter and backfire then just die. if you catch it in time you can grab the clutch and feather the throttle and it will clear back up but if you ever let it cut off it takes a little bit to get it started back up. can someone please tell me how to fix this and whats wrong with it thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like either too much fuel or not enough fuel/air what's your spark plug look like? Clean the carb,run some sea foam through it,if that doesn't work,try your timing.if all else fails it could be a sticky valve and or a bent valve ( I ran a bike on a bent valve for 2 months before it blew)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 89 warrior. I put it in the shed during deer season. I could ride in the trail great but no top end. I tried to change the jets but couldn't get one out and messed it up. I bought new zoom carb now I trick the thing into running from idol through 1/4. After that I can let the clutch out and she'll run through the gears like a scalded dog. The only mod is a white brothers e series exhaust. I tried the 45 pilot jet from the old carb but no change. Not sure what else to do. Can't afford the shop.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
those zoom zoom carbs are notoriously bad from the factory. first thing i would do is confirm that the passage that the pilot jet goes in is clear, blow air through it and see if it comes out some where. the castings can bee really rough in those carbs. you dont say if it idles? where did you set your air mix screw? does it make any difference when you adjust it? you should abble able to kill it by turning it in or out to an extreme. 2.5 turns out is a good place to start. if all of that checks out try a bigger pilot. what notch did you put the needle clip on? you can try lowering the clip one notch, this will move carb into the main circuit a little sooner. it is a really long shot but check your valve lash as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The warrior idles fine. I've adjusted to air mix screw back and forth. It changes the idol but doesn't seem to improve things when I try to rev it up. 2.25 turns seems to be the sweet spot, as far as idol. The needle is where zoom put it. I haven't been in the top yet. I did notice the exhaust is missing part of the port on the head. The studs are there, but a piece of the ring that the header slides into is broke off. It ran when it pulled it in the shed. The pilot that's in it now is the one from the carb that was on it. Also a zoom zoom. It has no markings on it so I don't know for sure what size it is. ...the rod with the spring in the bowl doesn't seem to slide very smooth. I'm not sure what that rod does, someone told me to try changing the spring to one out of a bic pen. So i did. No change. Timing chain and cam gear are new set to the t on bottom and the notch on top. Warmed it up and adjusted the valves.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts