Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally dug my 03 warrior out of my parents’ shed and got the carb reinstalled. It starts, and runs, but the idle hangs a bit when revving it, and it backfires on occasion at idle. The idle will drop to where it should be, right after the backfire. It’s bone stock, and has been sitting for several years, and had this same problem the last time I pulled and cleaned the carb.

I’m guessing it’s something in the carb, but I’m not good at tuning them. Any thoughts on what’s going on?

I have video, but not sure how to share it just yet. I’ll work on that if anyone needs it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
sound like the boot to me. it very common. dont buy a cheap on use the oem part or you will have to do it again

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a couple more cracks in the boot on the carb end of it too. For testing purposes, I threw some silicon caulk on it to see if that makes any change.

I also did some searching and the pilot screw could potentially be part of the issue, too, so I reset that the 1-1/4" out, and we'll see how it goes later today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts