Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got gifted my dads 1988 warrior that’s been sitting for 13 years. He lost the key and I got a little a head of myself and attempted to hot wire it. I connected the red and black wires because I saw on a YouTube video that’s how to hot wire a Honda and when I plugged the plug back in it sparked and I have no power. My question is what did I do and what can I do to fix it? Is there a fuse box somewhere I can check for busted fuses? And I just read that I should have connected the red to brown.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
you should have ordered a switch cutting a harness is always a no. there is only one fuse on a warrior and it is back near the battery on a small red wire that comes of the big positive battery cable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply man I didn’t cut the harness I cut the key cylinder and realized I didn’t connect the right wires but I changed the fuse and ended up getting the bike to start and idle after sitting for over ten years. Next project is repairing the chain tensioners and busted hub and she will be back on the trail

1 - 4 of 4 Posts