Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else have bruising problems with the YFZ? i bought mine 2 1/2 weeks ago and have taken it out 5 times already. after each ride both my left and right calves bruise up pretty bad. however, lately my right calf is even worse and theres a huge knot that hasnt gone away in over a week now. it hurts like crazy too. i think it mostly happens from leaning back and my legs bump against the side of it. ive tried to adjust my stance but same thing happens. it hurts to a point that i cant ride anymore. this never happened to me in the 15-20 hours i rode on my buddies KFX400. however, ive never been scared for my life riding that kawi like i have with my yammie.
i wear Fox Tracker boots and they go up past the calf... but im still confused. might try and put some sticky foamy stuff on the fenders and frame to ease the pain. ugh... this sucks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I never had a problem like that, is it a bruise or just sore? Could it be the boots? I have ridden both the yfz and kfx a while with and with out riding boots and never faced this problem.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ditto, although I never ride with out boots. I have actually worn flatspots in my fenders from leaning on them and never suffered any form of pain or even redness. Were you wearing your boots when you rode your buddies 400? And are you having this problem right where the boot ends?Putting foam on the fender will not last very long, I would suggest looking into some neoprene knee pads that encircle the whole leg like the EVS Pastrana series or something simular that goes down into the boot and you have to pull on, anything with a velcro strap will probably only add to you aggrevation.

·
Registered
745 Posts
raptorgirl said:
Ditto, although I never ride with out boots. I have actually worn flatspots in my fenders from leaning on them and never suffered any form of pain or even redness. Were you wearing your boots when you rode your buddies 400? And are you having this problem right where the boot ends?Putting foam on the fender will not last very long, I would suggest looking into some neoprene knee pads that encircle the whole leg like the EVS Pastrana series or something simular that goes down into the boot and you have to pull on, anything with a velcro strap will probably only add to you aggrevation.
I 2cnd that, though me myself havent had any problems.

·
Registered
440 Posts
sparky80 said:
anybody else have bruising problems with the YFZ? i bought mine 2 1/2 weeks ago and have taken it out 5 times already. after each ride both my left and right calves bruise up pretty bad. however, lately my right calf is even worse and theres a huge knot that hasnt gone away in over a week now. it hurts like crazy too. i think it mostly happens from leaning back and my legs bump against the side of it. ive tried to adjust my stance but same thing happens. it hurts to a point that i cant ride anymore. this never happened to me in the 15-20 hours i rode on my buddies KFX400. however, ive never been scared for my life riding that kawi like i have with my yammie.
i wear Fox Tracker boots and they go up past the calf... but im still confused. might try and put some sticky foamy stuff on the fenders and frame to ease the pain. ugh... this sucks!
me either???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn... that sucks. guess im kinda outta luck here. i used to ride with just my military combat boots and those went right below the calf, and thats when the problem started happening. i got the fox boots that covered the calf hoping it would make the problem go away, but no sign of that yet. my rear fenders are pretty scratched up... though thats prolly common with most of you guys. ill look into getting something for my knee/leg area, cuz this not riding thing isnt gonna make me very happy. thanks for the replies fellas.... :nod:

·
Registered
91 Posts
no problem with bruised calfs, but I have a brusied back, brusied ribs, brusied shoulder and a slight concussion(sp?) and I have no idea what happened..one second fine, the next i'm in a buggy seat and someone else is riding my quad back to camp...

it's okay though (my yfz)...only bent bars, and the witness says it did more cart wheels than i did....

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey sparky is your calves sore or actaully blue from being bruised? If their sore you might just have to work them out some more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts