Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm having trouble getting the hub off the spindle, anyone have any ideas? The bearings and everything seem good because it spins pretty freely.
This is for a blaster with drum brakes btw.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Lube it with some wd-40 and put a puller on it. I'm not sure of the correct name, but I have this thing with two 'arms' on it and a huge bolt in the middle. Put the arms around something and turn the bolt and it pulls it off. Or you could try a block of wood behind it and lightly tapping it with a hammer.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The puller would probably work but is there any other way without a puller? I'll try the block of wood tomorrow.

·
Registered
225 Posts
IS it stuck on the spindle of are the brake shoes holding it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
if the hubs spin freely the problem is most likely the shoes holding it on........................ back the brake adjusters off and they should slide right off

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yamahafreek said:
if the hubs spin freely the problem is most likely the shoes holding it on........................ back the brake adjusters off and they should slide right off
No, the brake lines arent connected.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I would use a block of wood and hit it with a hammer. Or, you could put the wheel back on, and pull on that.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Get some good penetrating oil and let it sit a while, then use the wood block and hammer to free it. I tried this before a few times and it always works great for me :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts