Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my dilema, my shee is tuned pretty close now with the new port work and carbs and broke 70 hp :hey: the only bad thing is that now my clutch is slipping :bk: . What are you guys with 70+hp running for a clutch that my wallet will let me have :help:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
just a new clutch i have carb work , 404cc big bore ,toomey t 5's major porting, v force cages, airfilter, cool heads and my clutch dont slip i have to be well over 70hp, it was dynoed before big bore in 4th gear to go 58 mph with 56 hp and it is well over 95 mph now i need to get it dynoed again. like i said jus inspect clutch and think about hd springs and shit

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesnt stiffer springs mean hard to pull?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yep, Not that much though, they are only like 15-25% stiffer :tup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So really about any aftermarket clutch should work? what one is the best?

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Dextreme said:
Just get stiffer springs and make sure its adjusted correctly.
What do you mean by "adjusted" Isn't there only one way? Do you mean have the pressure plate torqued correctly?

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
warrior03 said:
Dextreme said:
Just get stiffer springs and make sure its adjusted correctly.
What do you mean by "adjusted" Isn't there only one way? Do you mean have the pressure plate torqued correctly?
There is an arrow on the case that lines up with the clutch arm thingy.

Here is some instructions from Toomey, although I don't recomment Toomey clutch fibers. Their springs are okay though.

http://www.toomey.com/html/clutch.htm

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I changed the springs out today with some stiffer ones that I had and it seems to be sticking so well see how it goes

·
Registered
587 Posts
ive got some port work as well and pipes, carb, ect....puttin out around 70 hp and my stock clutch is still holdin up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts