Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much horsepower do you think my blaster would have i got a Pro circuit pipe system, k&n filter,and boysen power reeds and is a 300 ex faster than a stock blaster

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
all the dynos I see show a stock blaster at about 17-20hp at the rear wheels. The pipe and filter will bring it up to maybe somewhere between 21-23hp. Stock vs stock the blaster is about 1-2 mph faster than the 300ex, but it mostly depends on the rider because that small difference is not very noticable.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
This is weird, Toomey has a dyno of a Blaster with a Pro Circuit pipe, and it peaked at about 25hp, thats ALL stock besides the pipe, now if thats true, I have porting, shaved head, bigger carb, bored over, piston, reeds, etc, etc, etc, and I always hear that a Blaster with these type of mods puts out about 30hp. so your telling me all thats only 5hp???????? Something is NOT right. Does anyone else see what I'm seeing??????

·
Registered
104 Posts
You are excatly right PR I had mine dynoed at 27.9 hp.Either the guys at toomey are a bunch of idiots or they are measuring from the crank.That will make the HP numbers much higher.Your quad is easy putting out as uch as mine if not more.I belive a stocker puts ot 17HP.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I bet anything Toomey is measuring from the crank, I mean I would if I were them, it catches the eye to see higher numbers, and doing it at the crank will do just that, because theres no way in hell all the "other" mods I have besides my pipe is only putting out 5-7hp.

*Note* NO, A 300ex is NOT faster than a Blaster, maybe better suspension, but not a faster motor. I've even seen with my own eyes that a Blaster is faster (don't give the line about weight, rider, etc. that was accounted by using different people).

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
yea, i see that too pr, And what i don't get is its the stock factory bend i thought they would of made a bend like hetrick/trinity/power pros etc.

And a blaster will kill a 300ex, when my blaster was stock i could beat piped 300exs...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Blaster10,before you go telling people dumb how do you know that a 300ex beats a blaster.Do u know from experince.I do.I also know that in every magazine that had a test between the blaster and the 300ex they say that a blaster wins in a drag race. wy dont you write do all the mags and tell them there dumb.What i thnk is dumb is when people put what there "getting"in their signature.

·
Registered
104 Posts
sorry bro my faught

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha Blaster,Pro-X ings,rod,bearing,Pro- X jet kit,Toomey B1 expansion pipe, V-Force 4 wi
1 Posts
This is weird, Toomey has a dyno of a Blaster with a Pro Circuit pipe, and it peaked at about 25hp, thats ALL stock besides the pipe, now if thats true, I have porting, shaved head, bigger carb, bored over, piston, reeds, etc, etc, etc, and I always hear that a Blaster with these type of mods puts out about 30hp. so your telling me all thats only 5hp???????? Something is NOT right. Does anyone else see what I'm seeing??????
Absolutely,My 2000 with Pro-X top end,Piston etc,V-Force 4s with 3/8" spacer,Air box delete with open uni with sleeve,Pro-X Jetting,Toomey B1 and a sprocket and lighter flywheel puts me ahead of 400ex let alone 300Ex,I agree,there are 28 -33 hp blasters that rip 75mph I know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts