Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i know if my 97 warrior is running to hot theres no high temperature light all it has is neutral and reverse, i beleive, i mean how can i tell if the engine is overheating or is gonna overheat, they should of added another warning light. :roll:

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
My experiance with overheating was weird cause I thought I was out of gas. It would run but barely and then stall. Just like when you are running out of gas. Then I let it sit for like 10-15 mins. and it fired right back up. :tup:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
It is hard to have an overheating light with no coolant. I'm not sure how one woul work strictly off of motor oil, but regardless you can tell by the engine's performance. You will notice a loss of power and throttle response. If you notice that happening, just turn it off and let it cool down. After several min. (warrior03 made a good suggestion of 15 min.), it should be fine.

The Warrior throws alot of heat being air-cooled, but it doesn't mean it is running dangerously close to overheating. The motor is designed to run air-cooled so it is made to run hot. Just if you notice those symptoms, it is better to stop and let it cool down. If it does this frequently, then there may be other problems at work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread or what, but if you are I need help, I think my warrior is over heating. The exhaust header can start to glow orange if your in the dark you can see it, if not you can't during the day. Not sure what it is, valves are in spec, there is a very tiny slit in the carb boot, should I patch that then check? Any other ideas? I have enough oil. Thanks
Jared

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would the stator cause a warrior to get hot??..I do have a issue with it seaming like it's getting hot and shutting down and then I let it sit for 15 min and starts right back up...I think it's just normal but asking just for my own insaneness lol..Thank you ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts