Blue Traxx Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
My opinion is it depends on the parent, I got my son his blaster on his 10th birthday, he rode a 100 champ when he was 4 till he was 7, then a xtreme 90 from the time he was 7 till 10, He also rides my raptor from time to time. As long as you have the time and expirience yourself to teach them right they will be fine. My daughter was 3 when she first rode a 50, of course I chased her around with te safety tether for a while but they learn fast, and if they obey your rules its fine. Another great thing is , they love riding so much that it's something you can take away if they arent doing there homework, chores etc :lol:

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
i would by him one, teach him how to use it use the throttle limit screw and let him grow into it so ur not selling a little 90 in two years when he wants something bigger and faster

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
id say get the kid(s) a blaster and just teach them all the right techniecs and slowly take the govener out.......i started at 12 on a warrior it was to slow so then i got a banshee 6 months later and then i let a freind ride it and he toatled it after hitting a tree then got my raptor and started racing when i was 14

·
Registered
389 Posts
has an 8 year old that rides the blaster and my R of course he is big for his age. now! if it means anything. i have managed to teach my handicapped 10 year old nephew to ride a clutched quad. he has no left hand only a nubb.....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
fanning the flames and stating a point

2strokeduner said:
are u ppl nuts an 8 year old on a friggin blaster they will die and i garentue that doing thats like suiside for ur kid man even with the screw down jeez do more research bud
that was quite ignorant...with the screw down you can limit the quad to probably less than 10 mph i dont think you could get a blaster to bicycle at 10mph if you were trying.

anyways, i say it should be fine if it is to fast you can turn the limit screw on the throttle cover in and slow it down and also a great idea ive never thought of that someone mentioned you can turn the idle up enough to keep it from stalling until they learn more about the clutch. another good thing is the light weight they are quite stable and if you get scared because they lift the inside wheels when turning (if they even manage do that) 60 dollar durablue rear wheel spacers should keep them on the ground. ihave them on mine and its hard for me to get it on two wheels in 3rd giving it all its got (im 130 lbs)

·
Registered
138 Posts
blasters are a nice quad to start out on at any age..

if your child can work with the clutch he will be ok (like you said its sand its more forgiving)

anyhow the younger you start the better off your child later in life..

if you dont get your son the blaster dont get the 250 ex or the suz 250.. both of them will get the kid hurt hill climbing..

i had a few friends that didnt want to spend much money on a 4 wheeler so they bought them and they didnt go very well up hills that we climbed and there pretty weak ....

get your kid a blaster and throw a pipe on there for him and buy him a helmet and some boots and ride !

·
Registered
216 Posts
usually around 130 pounds and about 14 years old. It really depends on the kid though I mean 8 year old kids ride 80cc dirt bikes and they are just as powerful as a blaster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking about buying a Blaster or two for my boys. How old should they be? I dont want to hear none of the Bull S*** about having to be 16 or what ever. We would be riding sand on my property. Any personal experience would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.
ibwork for a yamaha company and they should be about 17 to ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking about buying a Blaster or two for my boys. How old should they be? I dont want to hear none of the Bull S*** about having to be 16 or what ever. We would be riding sand on my property. Any personal experience would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.
thy should be 16 or whatever.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts