Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys adjust your valves? I'm thinking around every 20 hrs. How about you? :dude:

·
Registered
381 Posts
when mine was new i checked it at 20-25 hrs and adjusted the intakes[they needed it] the exhausts were fine.i check mine every 50-60 hrs now and they never need any adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Man I dunno, it seems like every time I turn around I need to adjust the valves. So far the exhaust have been fine since new, but the intakes I need to adjust everytime. I guess it is probably around 20-30 hours riding time.
Drives me nuts, at least if the valves got more loose you could hear it before the motor started running like crap....I have spent too many trips already in low gear, lugging the motor due to no-revving.

Life sucks.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
i used to do mine every 20 hours, but now i do them every other oil change ( every 40 hours).

untill the engine fully breaks in ( around 40 hours), id check them every 20.

after there is 40 hours on the clock, you can pretty much bet that the valvetrain has broken in, so i do the valves every 40 hours now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not to get off topic but how would I go about checking the valves? Can I do it myself or should I take it back to the dealer and let them do it?
:)

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cool, thanks alot.
:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
New Raptor owner Please help!!!

What are the Sticky's that everyone is talking about??
I have a few ? if you would please help me. NEW RAPTOR OWNER
1. What type of oil? Filter?
2. Air filter I need a new one I think. will the UNI be ok?
3.Valve adjust???? What is that???????????????? It rides good right now, but I'm not going to ride anymore until I can Change oil and do something about filter.
4. How fast is a raptor???? Dang this thing has some power.
I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THIS THING UP. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL

·
Super Moderator
8,571 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I adjust mine when they start making more noise or when the bike gets hard to start when cold... both are indicators that clearance is not correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts