Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of selling my 98' Husqvarna cr50. I need to know how much to ask for it. The plastics and seat cover are sun faded NOW, but I will sand and restore the platicsand recover the seat before selling. It has a new chain, spark plug and fuel line. The tires are good. I just put on a new twist throttle w/ billet housing, and it has new Scott grips. The rims are a little rusted, but they look OK. Everything works. The brakes work awesome. The only thing I can think thats wrong with it is, the people that I got it from removed the centrigiful clutch, and the motor is always in gear.It is fully automatic.The stator cover is also missing, but I will ask the previous owner if they have it. The rear shock was tightened so bigger people can ride it. The chain roller has abec 5 bearings in it. It has a sms silencer. It is an air-cooled 2 stroke race bike. It also has Marzocchi front forks. Pocket bikes, eat your heart out! :evil:

How much should I ask?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Since i'm first to reply.... ill buy it for $1. :tup:

Probably $400-500ish??

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to add, it has new swingarm stickers and and every thing is clean. You won't find hardly any dirt on it. There are new stickers here and there. Runs good and is really quick. The plastics will be restored and seat recoved before selling. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Racebikes in generally lose their value pretty quickly. I know that there are '01 & '02 KTM 50s goin' for around a grand. Around here, KTM is THE miniracer. Other brands are almost nonexistent. If it's in great shape, you might be able to get $4-500 out of it. Especially if you do it now, and can sell it for Christmas.

One question...how to you kickstart it if it's always in gear?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They took off the kick starter, so you have to push it. You can't come to a complete stop. The reason they removed the clutch was because they kept falling apart. Bigger people would ride it and the clutch would slip alot and fall apart. Its all good though, we do nothing but haul ass on it anyway, why stop? Thats the only problem with this bike. It has scratches here and there but over all a nice bike. A couple of people have acted intersted and asked alot of questions about it. I have seen a few of the same bike go for a grand or more.

Oh yeah, please don't post what you would give for it. How much should I ask?

·
Registered
469 Posts
um second thought i dont think you will even get 400-500 out of it if its stuck in gear and has no kickstarter and you cant stop.....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you can stop, but the motor will die. :lmao: (no clutch) I will also try to get the kick-starter from the people I got it from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts