Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership down the street from me has a Honda 250R on consignment. It is all completely original down to the tires and rims. Nothing has ever been done to it excet maintenance. The owner is claiming less than 75 total hours on the 250R. It has been garaged and very well kept. I believe it is the last year model they made the 250R as well but am not sure. The owner is asking 5K for it or best offer. My question though is doesn't 5K sound a little steep for it? I mean shoot, I can get a used Raptor in awsome shape or a Banshee in awsome shape with some slight mods to either of them for 5K. Anyway, let me know what you all think because I am curious on your guys' thought on this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
does it look clean?
if you was to buy it store it as a piece of history
which means dont ride it

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
black02raptor said:
does it look clean?
if you was to buy it store it as a piece of history
which means dont ride it

It is very clean! No stress marks at all or scratches on the plastic. It looks like the guy just used it to cruise around on. The plastic is still new and shiny looking as well as the graphics. I am very impressed with the shape it is in but I wasn't sure if 5K was too much for it. As far as buying it and storing it goes, that is what I thought about doing. Although, I would ride it occasionally.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well if you do buy it at least start it every week other wise it wont run as well my cousins quad sat all winter and the carb started leaking gas anyway- that's just my $0.02

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
It might be worth it for collectors, who happen to have a love for that machine, but other than that I don't think it's really worth it anymore. The price of them has been dropping with the arrival of the new 4-strokes. The YFZ and 450R handle just as good if not better, and have better (more usable) power. A great bike, but there's really no need for them any more, atleast at that price. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That price is a little steep but not that far away. Its a legend quad and it has nothing done to it and little hours. It would be the ideal quad for someone to mod out and have a piece of history. PLus it would be an amazing quad to do whatever you want to it. Other then that, Mike is right, the new 450's and the 4 stroke quads really took over the competition. :nod:

·
Registered
402 Posts

-Dillon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts