1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
19,170 Posts
Moving to Banshee/Blaster..

·
Registered
44 Posts
UNLESS YOU CHANGE THE REVS OR GEARING A QUAD WILL NEVER GO FASTER THAN STOCK, IT WILL JUST GET TO THE TOP SPEED QUICKER!

·
Registered
75 Posts
trx400exguy is correct, changing your pipes allows you to have better flow and allows you to go through your RPM range quicker, while this may seem faster overall it isn't (a small gain might be seen if your stock pipes are REALLY bad and restrict flow in an awful way) , your just getting to your top speed quicker. This is still a gain, just not a real horsepower gain, but can help alot. Changing your gearing does not increase your horsepower either, it just makes your current horsepower for efficient, getting more turns of your tires per turns of your engine (in simple terms). After this you really need better or more compression, shaved head, bored over, the stuff that cost the most. :)25

·
Registered
475 Posts
Look here you wimpy 400ex rider. the toomey pipes allow more over-rev than stock, they do this by providing more power at max r's giving you the ability to push the higher rpm. :)13

·
Registered
915 Posts
"T-5 Banshee", calling "trx400exguy" wimpy is uncalled for and not cool. Name calling sucks, even tho he rides a 400ex he posted a quality non-flaming post. Both he and "slickrick" are correct. An aftermarket pipe WILL give you *some* more top MPH speed, but not much. The performace gains with aftmkt pipes are increased acceleration from 0-73ish mph.

Gearing plus and engine that call pull tall gearing is the key to hitting 100mph.

meat

·
Registered
475 Posts
I must apologize I was not refering to the person I was refering to the Quad. In my experience that the 400ex(quad) has no balls, umpf, get up and go , or whatever you want to call it. I was not meaning to direct it at a specific person, just at the bike. :)13

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
ive seen in many places that it does 68. it hits seventy after pipes and jets. stock raptor does 72 and i know a banshee doesnt have the same amount of top speed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So Wyoduner is a complete liar?

My experience is 72 bone stock, 74 with a K&N filter and 82 from adding pipes and 84 by increasing the countersprocket one size. Measured with a GPS on paved road.

This guy posts a lot and seems to know his stuff very well.
Personally I doubt the fact the GPS was off in anyway. Pipes add HP dyno proven HP, which will PROBABLY and judging by wyoduners GPS DOES increase top speed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
HERE WE GO!!
This is a cool one-->

00'Banshee,Chrome Toomey T5's, Pro-Flow intake, Boost Bottle, Reed spacers, +4 Vito's Degree Key, Head milled 20ths, Renthal bars, Dirt tread: rear-20x11x10 Holeshots; front- 21x7x10 Fast Trekkers, Sand: rear-20x10x10 Sand Devils; front- 21x1x10 Shark fin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tinman875 on 2002-01-09 18:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
618 Posts
trx400exuy and slickrick, it sounds like you are thinking about 4 strokes with rev limiters. The 2 strokes behave a lot differently when it comes to rev limitations than 4 strokes. 4 strokes are primarily limited by their valvetrain followed by the piston/connecting rod. 2 strokes are limited by the ability of the piston and connecting rod to hold together at very high RPMs.

Furthermore, while it is true that more power does not necessarily equal higher top speed this is ONLY true IF you are able to hit your (4 stroke) rev limiter in top gear in stock condition. If you cannot hit the rve limiter in top gear while stock, a HP increase will increase your top speed.

Back to 2 strokes.... Yes a pipe does add considerable top speed to most 2 strokes. Stock pipes on a Banshee start rolling off (losing HP) around 8000 RPM most top-end pipes won't start rolling off until 9000 to 100000 RPM. In short the pipes pull longer and harder into the RPM range which increases top speed.

Anyhow, like I said, I made these measurements with a GPS on a paved road. I even posted a pic of the 82.0 MPH run on my web site. I always use the same sections of road for speed tests, by the way. Also, I am street legal so please no comments about riding on the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
talking smack on any kid of atv saying it has no balls and its a turd will only get you put in your place its not the atv its the rider and its how and what they have done to it to make it better then stock dont hate cuz im just saying any atv can be better you just haft to know what your doing to make it better a theres lost of vids of what others have done to 400exs to make them better

·
Registered
3 Posts
talking smack on any kid of atv saying it has no balls and its a turd will only get you put in your place its not the atv its the rider and its how and what they have done to it to make it better then stock dont hate cuz im just saying any atv can be better you just haft to know what your doing to make it better a theres lost of vids of what others have done to 400exs to make them better
Love your philosophy on smack talk.. Did you see the date on this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts