Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked a few questions about gaining more low end and torque, and I think I may have found an affodable solution. I have an offer to trade my t 5's for 2 into 1 pipe, and I also thought about shaving the head and buying a timing advance key. I have a few questions. #1 - will I have to re-jet from the switch of toomeys to the 2-2 pipe? #2 - how much should I shave the heads? I dont want it to decrease the longevity and reliability of my motor. However, I do wanna see a gain. #3 - are tioming advance keys worth it? I have heard that they can overhaeat a motor. Will all the mods work together right, and how big of a gain should I see whan they are all done?

·
Registered
91 Posts
with going back to a 2-1 pipe your going to lose more power than gain.. from the couple of dyno comparisons that ive seen the 2-1 pipes are about the same as stock with a little higher peak hp.
yes you would have to rejet to probably almost stock jetting with that switch,

if your going to pull the fly wheel off to put a degree key in you may as well go for the timing plate instead.. the degree keys have been known to shear and then your s.o.l. on that day of riding.. plus the plates are adjustable so you can fine tune it to how you want it (from +10 to -10 advance or retard), also setting a plate to +4 degrees you get an actual +4 degree's unlike the +4 keys that only really advance it like 2.5 degrees.

for your head, send it to someone to get it milled and rechambered for the type of fuel you plan on running.. you could get .050 taken off and possibly still run pump gas..

imo, i would keep the toomey's and just get the head and plate, you would gain more over all compared to the 2-1's..

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Iv heard that the 2 into 1 pipes are about the same as stock as far as power gos and you will have to rejet, I would keep the t-5s and add a 13 tooth front drive sprocket and shave the head or go with a aftermarket head w/smaller domes, you will notice botom end gains with those two mods alone, then take it from their if you want even more bottom end go with the advance key and so on. I have a Noss head with 21cc domes and a 13 tooth front sprocket and the bottom end gain were very noticable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts