Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wonderin how big you can bore a rappy out to, without gettin an aftermarket cylinder, and also i am going to buy a hotrods stroker crankshaft and of course there piston, and i wanted to bore it additionally, it brings it to a claimed 720 cc wit the crank, how much would boring bring it up to? and what jetting should i run?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
most people bore theirs to 686 mm bore... im not sure how big you can go with a stock cylinder... but i would just go with a 686.. thats all the power you need....

·
Registered
421 Posts
stock cylinder is 686cc max.. 102mm

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Bigger is not always better, there are some fast ass 660 and 686's running around.. Oh and the jetting question is a little premature!?!?!

·
Registered
421 Posts
686cc is arguably the best displacement for a high-horse raptor. a well-build 686 is just as fast as a well built 727

·
Registered
126 Posts
wreckless123 said:
Bigger is not always better, there are some fast ass 660 and 686's running around.. Oh and the jetting question is a little premature!?!?!

Dont give away all them secrets.
[[Compression]] :tup:

·
Registered
809 Posts
... with a new sleeve and some case mods is how the 727 is made, a 105mm bore, you may be able to go a little higher than that but the real person you need to ask is airraptor, think hes airraptor760 now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
the stock cylinder can goto 106mm with a resleeve. add a stroker and go more.
there is some new stuff out that will allow you to goto a +6 stroker (12mm)total

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know that i can get the stroker kit and that automatically brings it up to a claimed 720cc, what other mods should i do besides port n polish, im not sure if i can get cams because with the stroker kit it might be to tight and bend a valve, i also know i dont need any case machining to use the stroker, but it might just go with the 686,but which would be faster, the 686 or the 720 stroker, i wanted to know about jetting because i like to order my parts all at once, and i really dont know how big i should go with the jetting, thanks for all ur help

·
Registered
1 Posts
the stock cylinder can goto 106mm with a resleeve. add a stroker and go more.
there is some new stuff out that will allow you to goto a +6 stroker (12mm)total
I need a bore and stroke kit for a 05 raptor 660.can you recommend me to one,I know this is and old post thanx😂😂😂😂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts