Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 warrior with slip on FMF, UNI filter with modded box, 14 tooth front sprocket(stock is 13),and a offbrand aftermarket clutch. I'm looking to make this thing really get it and blow away all the 400cc bikes b4 they knew what happend. With my mods i already beat my buddies TRULLY race ready blaster and i eat up my bros 300ex all day. How much would a stage 1 hot cam do for me and if i get a stage 2 will i need all the very expensive head work. I am also getting a jet kit with the cams or w/e u guys think i should get instead. NOT LOOKING TO BORE OUT MY BIKE.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Stage 2 is the way to go, BUT I have hade problems with hotcams and the customer service is shit. I would go with a megacycle or web cam. There have been problems with hotcams shearing the camsprocket ears right off the cam. The metal is very porus and crappy cast. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice bout the hot cams. Looks like you gotta nice bike and know what your talking bout. I'll be looking out for those cams. How often was the hot cams causing this problem???

·
8,530 Posts
The warrior Hotcams were notorious for breaking the dowel pin out of the cam.

I put a web .430 in mine and it was pretty stout. You will have to pull the head and put higher tension springs in for anything but the HotCams stage 1.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i'm really wanting to find one that gives me the most power without the headwork so I might just take the chance with the hot cams. My bike runs great and never misses a beat. Will this effect it running well any or make it less reliable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts