Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the crx's???

I wanted one when i was looking into getting my jeep, but i wanted a utility.

Now that im really getting into the auto program, i want a project car. I figure i might as well take a CRX.
I LOVE the looks of these. IMO i like the looks of a CRX with a body kit then almost anycar out there.

WHat do you guys think about them?
I have seen them going for about $1000-2000

If i get one the first thing is a wide bodykit and paint. Then i think i might put a new motor in there....BTW what kinda motor do you guys think would be best in this car???Or just a worked stocker?

I am really serious about doing this, my sister has 2 cars (civic and a BMW), and all these kids around here have pretty nice civics, so ya know gotta have someting to show them up with

And

KEEP YOUR RICER COMMENTS OUT OF HERE...I COULD CARE LESS

·
Registered
615 Posts
good car, it will last forever, in stock form they are not fast at all so dont even drive it like it is. Just keep the speed mellow and it will last forever. Car was ahead of its time when made and its too bad they stopped making it.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BLUinNE said:
good car, it will last forever, in stock form they are not fast at all so dont even drive it like it is. Just keep the speed mellow and it will last forever. Car was ahead of its time when made and its too bad they stopped making it.

nah your missing the point...haha :nod:

Ill have my jeep as my daily driver, and my tow vehicle

I want a sweet car also, and IMO without a body kit, the cars are not the sweetest...but almost anybody kit i think makes them awsome...and what good is a nice car thats slow??? :hey:

·
Registered
586 Posts
or ... b16a1 engine

go on cardomain.com .. then under top rides and theres a CRX ... to give u ideas and u can probably email the guy to ask him guestion .. by the way the engine i gave you up there is the one he has so u might want to ask him if he a good engine and what not. l8r

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
well a crx isn't a bad project car
A wide body might be a little to much all you would need is a front lip side skirts and a rear lip nothing crazy just something other than stock

Suspension-skunk2 lowering springs or nenuspeed

Motor- Try to get a jdmb16a1 with integra type r 3in Cold air intake-Skunk2 intake manifold-fuel pressure regulater-a chipped computer(will help ALOT)and if you really want it to move without putting a turbo or supercharger put in skunk2 stage 2 cams with there cam gears and forged pistons and rods- b18c5block-or a b16 for shorter gears-get your valves adjusted and tuned-port and polished milled head and a 5zigen or Apexi exhaust and if you dont want to blow your motor up incase you miss a shift get a msd 6al ignition box with 2step for launching off the line
and then you can advance the timing-type r shift linkage(i got one forsale) :hey: there is alot more things i just dont feel like typing anymore..

Rims-Any Light Wight Rims But Si's are pretty cheap and look pretty good and need some good tires

Paint-Just get a plain color nothing fancy

friends jdmb16 92 bubble ran a 14.7 and only had a intake,exhaust,fuelpressure regulator and msd 6al with 2step. on cut springs with 15in si's wrapped up in shitty kuhumo tires that dont give any traction.

If you have any questions or just want to know more stuff just IM me xmxjunkie22x

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had one of those when I comuted a lot. It was all stock though. It was the most gutless car I have ever drove, but I got 55mpg a few times with it. :tup: I remember having the air conditioner on and having to turn it off to make it up hills with out slowing down to a crawl. It was definately one of the most reliable cars I have owned. I wouldn't mind having it now, just for the gas mileage. I always thought it be a fun car if it was a lot faster. Good luck with your project and don't forget to post pictures.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, they're fun cars. I had an old one through college. I think it came factory with some sort of Einke package (rims, steering wheel, shift knob and nicer seats). It was a blast in the snow, I could do a complete 360 in a single car lane cause it's so short.
It was, however, as gutless as everyone else has said. I lost a drag race to a four cylinder automatic Firebird :bk:
Be sure to get the SI model, they had the most power, and also were the nicest (sunroof, power windows, locks, cruise, etc).
I sold mine after college for around a grand to some old guy who used to have one when he was younger or something. Guy called me up two weeks later and told me that he had it in the body shop getting repainted, and they called him up and told him that it just dumped oil all over their shop for no reason. He wanted me to help pay for the repair, but I said no dice. I was completely honest when I sold it, I told him it burned a fair bit of oil, but seemed to run fine. I never heard back from him, so I have no idea what could have happened to it. I'm glad I sold it though :wtf:

·
Registered
463 Posts
there nice and would be an awesome race car if you put a good 3 or 4000 into it :nod: :lol:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well....im kinda gonna have a decent amount of money to blow on it...and ill be doing all the work myself.

a turbo sounds nice :hey:

i plan to get one before the summer, and by the end of the summer have a bodykit, carbon fiber hood (always wanted one on one of my cars :nod: ) some rims and hopefully some motor parts.

The main reason i want this car is i like them, and also it will be a project that i get to work on with my dad and take to school to work on.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Cool cars, but you sure yuou want that? for the hp by the dollar, your gonna need lots of money, why not find a 300zx, supra or rx7, each can easily get to 500+ hp.

·
Registered
615 Posts
empty-wallet said:
Im starting to like the integras alot more after all this research...nice motors from the start...just some little mods and looks

Man Im sorry but from the first post I thought you wanted a nice reliable car that will last for a while but its obvious you just want to rice something out. Its been done a bazillion times and I would just leave it stock because 2 years from now when the body kit starts crackin, the paint starts flaking and you realize the 3000-5000$ you spent on it was a total waste because you rather have something bone stock that you dont have to work on every weekend. Im speaking from experience but of course its your money and you do what you want with it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm currently rebuilding an '89 crx. They're so easy to work on, but oem parts aren't exactly easy to find for a good price.

Bodykit = teh ghey, that's what will garantee you the nickname "ricer". If you're looking for reliable transportation, go find a mid 90's integra ls and don't modify it. My friend's just rolled over to 215,000 miles and he's only done basic maintainance.

Or you could do something stupid like me and plan to push 1.4 bar through it and not care if I throw a rod through the block :shrug:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
if you were going to get an integra get a gsr with low miles and just put some parts on it and you will be set but the crx is cheap and a motor swap with a b16 would only be like 1600 or so

its up to you like i said if you got some question just Im me on aol/aim

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
ridefst they dont make a si crx
it may be posted like that on ebay so when people search for si they want there car to come up because it says si in the title
the si is a newer coupe or a newer bubble
coupe
those cars come with a b16 stock but there pretty expensive 8k and up most of the time

and thats the bubble

Mike

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
2MuChRoOsT said:
ridefst they dont make a si crx
it may be posted like that on ebay so when people search for si they want there car to come up because it says si in the title
the si is a newer coupe or a newer bubble
coupe
those cars come with a b16 stock but there pretty expensive 8k and up most of the time

and thats the bubble

Mike
They made a CRX Si...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
They have been making the SI since 85. It was one of the first honda's to come with PGM-FI. The 88+ crx SIs came with the d16a6, as opposed to the d15b6 in the hf and the d15b2 in the DX. All the SIs came with a nicer interior, motorized sunroof, bigger front brakes, and the 90-91 had rear disc brakes. There were a few other inprovements, but they don't really justify the weight difference, as the SI was the heaviest of all the trim levels. My crx is a 1989 HF, weighing in at a slim 1834 lbs. The SI of the same year weighs 2138. And the 91 SI, the most popular crx, weighs almost 2200 lbs. The only real performance additions were the brakes and the engine. Other than that you were paying for badging and small differences.

Oh, and the new SIs are a joke. I bet the guy designing it had SARS when he drew it up.

Anyway, to recap what little you know. The SI was an available trim level from 87 to 95, then the quit for a while and started again in 97. These years are for the civic models only. The SI trim for other models like the prelude are different.

Want an arguement over honda's? Bring it :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
dirt817 said:
They have been making the SI since 85. It was one of the first honda's to come with PGM-FI. The 88+ crx SIs came with the d16a6, as opposed to the d15b6 in the hf and the d15b2 in the DX. All the SIs came with a nicer interior, motorized sunroof, bigger front brakes, and the 90-91 had rear disc brakes. There were a few other inprovements, but they don't really justify the weight difference, as the SI was the heaviest of all the trim levels. My crx is a 1989 HF, weighing in at a slim 1834 lbs. The SI of the same year weighs 2138. And the 91 SI, the most popular crx, weighs almost 2200 lbs. The only real performance additions were the brakes and the engine. Other than that you were paying for badging and small differences.

Oh, and the new SIs are a joke. I bet the guy designing it had SARS when he drew it up.

Anyway, to recap what little you know. The SI was an available trim level from 87 to 95, then the quit for a while and started again in 97. These years are for the civic models only. The SI trim for other models like the prelude are different.

Want an arguement over honda's? Bring it :)

I was trying to type that SI's have been made since mid 80's but my computer froze up. SI's have been around for 20 years in the US.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts