Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the beadlocks, are youy supposed to use loc-tite on the bolts that secure the ring on? What torque do the bolts get, and what type of bolt heads are they (what kind of socket do I get)?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I just took my small air gun to take them off and put the bolts on with. The biggest thing is cleaning the ring/rims mounting surface from all the crap that gets stuck in there.

I don't know the size or type of socket you need, but it isn't a normal one.

Its like a bunch of little nothces, I dunno, but I found in my dads tool box that he had the size/right type.

Maybe some one else can help ya some more, but I have no clue what type its called.

Anything else though, just ask.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured out that the socket needed is just a 3/8" but it needs to be a 12 point instead of a 6 point, you know know any torque specs??

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
8 - 11 ft lbs ( 96 - 132 in lbs)

This is from the paper that came with mine. Also I do not recommend using air tools on these rims

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I don't recomend using air tools either as I have no Idea how powerfull your air tools our, but my Dad's has just about every Snap on and Blue Point air tool there is, and I just used a very small one with a adapter to a bigger socket so it would fit for the bolt.

I started with just a socket and a rachet, but that got old after doing just one rear rim.

Actually now that I think about it, I think I just took off the bolts, and snugged them up with the air gun, I did the finally tightening with a rachet. I did not use any specific foot lbs though, as I bought my Hipers used, and I never got any book let paper thing or whatever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts