Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Warrior 350
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought my warrior last year for $600 with a seized engine and some messed up wiring. I got a whole new harness and some other bits and managed to ride it around for like a week until a lash adjuster nut backed off, snuck under the rocker somehow and broke it in half (also bending the valve :C ). I bought some new valves on ebay and threw them in but figured it'd be a shame not to port the head a bit while I had it apart. I think I went too far with the porting though since it kinda killed the low end and after an hour of riding it decided it had had enough of being revved out. :C

Automotive tire Gear Bicycle part Rim Gas

So I bought a used head, wiseco 10.25:1 piston, kibblewhite springs and some other bits. Going to regrind the cam (I'll probably just copy the web .390) and port this head a bit less aggressively. But I'd really like it to hold it together this time, so does anyone have any advice toward that end?

Also, does there exist a cheap-ish way to get adjustable ignition timing on warriors? On any other engine I'd be expecting to change timing at least a little on a compression change like this.

Thanks for any and all advice/mockery

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd bet the valve guide was damaged and, when hot, it was sticking.

From my research, just cleaning up any flashing, and blending the bowls around the guides, is all you really need on these heads. They flow very good from the factory. I have read its best to basically leave the ports alone. It's another case of more is worse.

I did the basic clean-up to mine, eBay valves(from Japan), and a Niche 1557-3 cam(knock off with a bit more lift). On a Wesico 11.1 piston, and a lot of carb tuning, I could hold high rpm for a long time. I also do a short cool down, low rpm quick lap, to help it cool. These engines can get extremely hot. Proper carb tuning and keeping the engine clean is a must.

There are a couple oil cooler options that could benefit you greatly. Quick search shows how they are done. Could drop engine running temp 40-65 degrees, from what I have found. I just installed one, so I can't compare yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts