Blue Traxx Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
well if the rotation sensor is so low you can test it that sound suspicious otherwise regardless of what the guy said its the cdi or harness. lots of harnesses look great on the outside and have shorts on the inside. you are going to have to start tracing and testing wires if its not the rotation sensor or cdi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh yeah I understand that it could be a short in the wiring to be honest I dont know to start to check. I got a wiring diagram on it .

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
to check a harness the first thing to do is take a ton of pictures for routing. then pull the harness and unwrap it a little at a time checking the connections and re wrapping it as you go. it is tedious work and normally takes me about 4 hours. it is tough enough to trace an electrical gremlin on something you owned when it went bad but getting something someone else tried and failed to fix is nearly impossible. if the obvious stuff does not work then you have to start and step one and methodically work through it. step one is to make sure the wires and connections are good and then start at the battery and trace the power until you lose it. dont be intimidated by the wiring diagrams they are not as complex as they seem, maybe watch a youtube on reading one to get started. i bought a yfz that the local shop could not make run. i messed with it for 3 years before i found it. it would run the crap out. i replaced every electrical component rebuilt the top and bottom end, the head and the carb more times than you can count.. the yfz has a coil pack like a car and there was a small break where the signal wire went into the connector that attached to the coil pack. sometimes it would make contact and work and sometimes not. the moral of the story is be very through in you checks so you absolutely know for sure the part is good and you dont have to go back. also invest in a good auto ranging meter. it does not need to be a fluke or something really expensive but you need to spend 50 bucks or so and if you have not got it yet the absolute best money you can spend right know is the clymer manual CLYMER Repair Manual for Yamaha Grizzly 660 2002-2008 | eBay
go slow and take your time. there is nothing easy from here

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
  • I'm a bet mechanical I fix a few wiring before but this got me puzzled. I will have to look at the wiring

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi just a update I had the cdi check on my buddy 660 and it started. My buddy even had a extra wiring harness that came off a running 660 I put it on still no spark. I took off a coil off a Yamaha big bear that is running put it on 660 still no spark

21 - 30 of 30 Posts