Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new the forum I hoping someone can help me. I fixing a 660 grizzly the guy put a new stator,ignition coil, wiring harness, ignition and got no spark I test the readings on stator in spec test coil on another bike it had spark he said he tried the cdi in another 660 and it started so why no spark. Hope some can help me out here.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
if the key switch is after market they are commonly wired incorrectly. that should have a cam sensor, did you check it?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
i am not positive on the cam sensor but the raptors have one so i would think the grizzly's would have them. it very well could be the stator or pickup as well. they run about 50 50 bad out of the box. other than that your are going to have to start chasing power and figure out where it stops.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tested stator pickup is good. I tried ignition coil on another quad and it got spark I checked kill switch good I like to test orange wire but I'm not sure how to

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
i dont know on the 660s but it is common on other yamahas that the pick up is wired backwards on the knock off junk so you might look at that. there is not really a test for the the orange wire. what i do is put black on a ground and red on the coil end of the orange wire and crank it. with the meter set to dc voltage you should get a lot of action, volt reading all over the place or nothing any reading means your primary coil is getting a signal and no reading means you have a problem upstream from the primary coil.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I checked with test light it should light up if I'm get any power to the wire. There is 3 wires to the ignition how could I checked that. I will switch over wires in pickup wire and try that to thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I test the orange wire with meter on DC volt it climb up to -19 should it be - 19 is that good or bad

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pickup coil reads 500 ohm in spec
I even tried other ignition coil still nothing I tried the ignition on another quad it had spark. I charge over the wires on the pickup coil notthing

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
if all of the components test in spec it is either the wrong harness or has a short. was it a new harness. you are going to have to get a wiring diagram and start chasing the power. did you check the engine ground strap the small black wires that grounds the harness? do all of your dash lights work? did you test the cam or crank sensor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was a used harness but it's in good shape. I test the pickup coil in spec I test the rotation sensing coil it should be .063-.077 ohm but it's to low ohm for my meter. It's a new stator, new primary coil, new ignition, use harness. The guy said he tested cdi on other 660 and it starts. It got me stumped

1 - 20 of 30 Posts