Very nice :tup: You don't see too many R7's over here

·
Registered
864 Posts
ive never heard of a rx7 but it looks nice...how fast is it

·
Registered
586 Posts
what year is it? like a 01? jw i dont see to many of them color schemes (sp?) anymore all i see is black/red and blue/black ... :tup:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, I've never seen an R7 in person because they are so rare. I've heard of them and I know Ben Aflack has one but that's about it. Nice bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments :tup:

It's a 1999, which is the only year they were made and there were only 500 made for the world.
I got it new in september of 2000 and my local Yamaha dealer was able to locate one and get it for me :deal:

·
Registered
864 Posts
how fast is it?

·
Registered
463 Posts
thats pretty sweet but i love the little one :rock:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bens250ex said:
how fast is it?
I don't know to be honest :shrug: It registers in KPH rather MPH. It's probably a safe bet to say 160mph+.
I could give you the 6th gear ratio, final drive ratio, tire size, and max rpm and you could do all the math :cool:

·
Registered
864 Posts
well will it beat a r1??i dont noe much about motercycles

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
That is a very nice looking bike. What size of engine does it have in it? And why dont they make them anymore??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The power is about equal to the first R1's that came out but it doesn't have the torque like the R1 has, it only makes 55flbs where the R1 is in the 70+ range. Will it beat a R1? I guess it depends, probably on a road coarse race track yes, in a drag race no.

It's 750cc inline 4 EFI. Yamaha only had to make 500 just to qualify the bike to race in FIM World Superbike. It's not a legal streetbike in this country and was imported as a race use only bike. The MSO has (had) the same stamp that our quads have saying it's not for highway use

·
Registered
864 Posts
y cant u drive it on the highway???dont they make faster bikes like the busa?? ive always just wonted to drive a croch rocket what would be a good beginner bike like maybe a r6 or a cbr600???

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i dont get it...dont get me wrong the bike looks insane but wuts the big hype about it?? is this bike kinda like the yfz and its made to go straight from the dealer to the track or what??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, i can ride it on the streets, it was just a bit of a hassle to get a registration for it. I had to put signal lights, brake/tail lights and mirrors on it as well. It never went through any EPA testing and that's the reason it had a competition only MSO, it has nothing to do with speed or how fast it is.

A 600 would be the largest i'd go with as a first streetbike :tup:

·
Registered
853 Posts
very nice!! my friend has one of the first RC51's all the gauges and all the text is in japanese. He also had to add all the lights and stuff. Nice bike bro! :tup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts