Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus jetted my carb on my 300ex. i changed my main jet moved my needle(changed it) and im running no airbox lid and an aftermarket lid. help me. i jetted it how dyno jet told me to.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So whats the problem?is it boging on the top?if so you are to rich and need to lower the jet size or readjust the needle.is it flat on the bottom?if so you are to lean and need to go up a size on the jet.you might need to adjust the air screw or replace the piolit jet.Dyno jet kit instructions are just a basic guide line.you will have to test run and readjust as needed.and don't forget to check the plug.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
YTZ250#1 said:
So whats the problem?is it boging on the top?if so you are to rich and need to lower the jet size or readjust the needle.is it flat on the bottom?if so you are to lean and need to go up a size on the jet.you might need to adjust the air screw or replace the piolit jet.Dyno jet kit instructions are just a basic guide line.you will have to test run and readjust as needed.and don't forget to check the plug.
:nod: Jet kit instructions are pretty much a suggestion. When you are rejetting, alot of things come into play. Temperature, elevation, other mods, spark plugs, etc. Do a plug chop. Take a new plug and throw it in your pocket along with a plug wrench. Ride out somewhere where you can just pin it for quite a ways. Now put the new plug in, and just max out as fast as you can, don't linger on bottom - mid just put it to the bars. When you have gone as far as you can that fast, pull the clutch and kill the engine then ease on the brakes till you stop. Pull the plug and check it.

BT member 42F67N made a diagram showing how to correctly read a plug.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well my dad put the wrong jet in. it was supposed to be jet 128. but it still does the same thing. it boggs down about half throttle and gets worst in higher gear. i have 4 notches down on the needle. where i live its about below 3000ft. wut do u guys think wuts wrong?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well my dad put the wrong jet in. it was supposed to be jet 128. but it still does the same thing. it boggs down about half throttle and gets worst in higher gear. i have 4 notches down on the needle. where i live its about below 3000ft. wut do u guys think wuts wrong?

·
Premium Member
5,136 Posts
12ridin400ex said:
You live 3000 ft BELOW sea level?

:lol:

Ok sorry, but you just answered your own question. YOUR DAD PUT THE WRONG JET IN> How about you try to put the right one in and see what happens?

Let us know.,

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Need to go down on main jet :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we put the right jet in but it does the same thing as before. boggs down. and on the instructions it say that i need to put bag 128 in and i did and its still wrong.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If the filter is clean,and the pipe is not pluged,try to run it with the lid on.if it runs better you will have to jet up and adjust fuel screw to run with lid off.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
YTZ250#1 said:
If the filter is clean,and the pipe is not pluged,try to run it with the lid on.if it runs better you will have to jet up and adjust fuel screw to run with lid off.
If anything, he needs to adjust down. He is way too rich and is bogging out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm just going by what he is saying.his part list says twin air filter and fmf pipe.he's runing no lid,with a near stock jet.I would think it is getting to much air and not enough fuel.It sounds to me like he should go back to stock carb settings and start over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts