Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok new to this whole thing just bought a banshee 3 weeks ago..LOVE IT! a week ago im riding and the throttle sticks i get it home and notice the slide pin is moving and the slide turned around and got stuck on it. Coolant was leaking from the two bolts in the center of the head. Figured blown head gasket.Ordered a new one pull the head off and its not damaged really just a lot of build up..so i look at the pistons and they dont look THAT bad on them they say 2.50 and noticed the ones in the clymer manual say 25 on the top are they the same size pistons?they walls are not scored up looked really good but at the top there is one little spot 1/8th inch that is a scratch..what should i do?new pistons?if so what size im pretty sure its stock but i donno never really messed with a quad.. im wanting to do some maintnance but i cant find any "banshee" shops any help would be awsome..ill try to get some pics up soon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im new, but have been reading for weeks on the topic, everyone says the same thing.

Any imperfections in the cylinder, you going to need a rebore get the "smallest bore recomended"

your cylinder can also be out of round an oval shape unseen w/naked eye, rebore.

when doing a "top end" check "your ring-end-gap" make sure it meets the specs.

get a clymer manual, to help w/torque specs and proper procedures.

I also want to do a top end, but without the hole rebore, my cr125 was just de-glaze it, check end-gap, and slap the A/b piston w/rings. done

if your going to a shop expect to pay this:
  • Crankshaft rebuilding and precision trueing for twins, parts & labor $395., Most triples $750. crank pin welding $25., Cryo treating $150.
  • Cylinder boring, honing & chamfering $120. set.
  • Complete engine building including disassembly, inspection, assembly, $80.hr
  • Hydraulic brake rebuilding, fork rebuilding including Race Tech cartridge mods, carburetor building, etc. $80.hr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i took baslicy the whole top end off.. first time doing this so sorry...the pistons are still conected to the rods.. i have no clue whats on this thing.. bought it for 1500 guy i bought it from didnt know and i dont..but after i took it apart noticed it said hot rod on the side of the rods aftermartet? and then seen some coolant down in the case under left piston but i couldnt get all the coolant out cause some came out when i lifted the sleeves off...im not sure if it was there before but pretty sure it wasnt if it was would have cause detonation right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took the head and cyclinders up to h and h extream atv and they said that it was .40 over with the measurments they took but pretty sure they did say it was 66.50? so thats 80 over?

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
i took the head and cyclinders up to h and h extream atv and they said that it was .40 over with the measurments they took but pretty sure they did say it was 66.50? so thats 80 over?
64MM = Stock
64.5MM = .020
65MM = .040
65.5MM = .060
66MM = .080
66.25MM = .090
66.5MM = .100

·
Registered
549 Posts
what year is your banshee? the TORS might have something to do with your throttle sticking problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts