Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i got new hand grips for my 03 yamaha warrior and i put them on and there was a big gap between my grips and the thing that has the heads lights and start button on it. So i loosened that and slid it over until it touched the hand grips and then i pulled the clutch lever and it was hiting of the thing that u use to turn on the head lights on and the button u use to start the quad.Then i loosened the clutch lever and slid that over to were it was sticking out just as much as my handlebars are.Then i tightened every thing and put it in gear and pulled the clutch lever all the way in and i tried to push it, it moves but i can feel that the clutch is not letting it free wheel like it does in neural and it never did this while it was in gear, before i had moved the clutch lever over and i have tryed to adjust the clutch cable and every thing it just wont like it completely free wheel i can feel it draging and when i try to ride it i can but when i hit the gas it revves up quit a bit instead of me moving faster almost like the clutch is slipping like it would be if i held the clutch lever in a little bit but im not .

Sorry, i wrote so much but i have just put a good amount of money into it and i just want to ride so if anyone knows how to fix it or anything will u please help me out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, i am confused so does it feel like its slipping or that is wont fully engage the clutch?

Do you have slop in your lever at all? Or does it start pulling the clutch in as soon as you start pulling the lever? You need to have a little slop in it so that when you let the lever out all the way the clutch is fully disengaged.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know what u mean i have adjusted it all different kinds of ways but when i pull the clutch in when it is in gear there is some resistance when i push it back and fourth also i can see it pulling in the thing on the side case it is pulling it in as far as it always has but when i ride it i doesn't start to move until the clutch is like all the way out it used to start to move at about half way out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.