Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 Raptor with K&N filter and a white bros slip on and I just bought a FMF powerbomb header. When I bought the bike its previous owner ran with the air box lid on but I want to take it off when I put on my new header and then re-jet. I have never played with the adjustments so I need some advice as far as mains, pilots, and needle settings. Any tips would be helpful. I live in Phoenix, AZ which I think is about 1200 ft. above sea level but I need it jetted for Glaimus seeing as its Thanksgiving soon. :hey:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a clue. I was planning to buy whatever I need this weekend. What would be the best?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
im at 900 feet. WB slip on, open box, with K&N and im running a 155/160.

·
Registered
586 Posts
155/160 would be the GYTR kit...or Mikuni....They are the same. The numbering would be a little different with the Dynojet kit. You can buy the single jets at your stealership, and I would bet with no lid, you will need 25 pilots.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about the needle setting?

·
Registered
106 Posts
You won't have to change jetting from Phoenix to Glamis - it's not that much of an elevation change - we never even rejetted my Banshee and t was pretty sensitive. So.....whatever jetting works well for you here in the Valley should be fine for Glamis! ;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
yeha i have never had to change my jetting from show low to glamis so you should be good. :tup:

·
Registered
586 Posts
start at the middle needle position(stock)....you can usually fix any problems with the a/f screws....probably 2 3/4 and 3

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
If you want to run a dynojet kit i would try 146/148. I also recomed buying 25 pilots. If you think that it is running a little lean put the lid back on until you can step up a size in jets 148/150.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice. :tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts